Weekly Poll: Bull or Bear in the Critical 1st Week of 2011?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Jan 1, 2011.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Jan 8, 2011.
  1. Bullish

16 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Flat

8 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. Bearish

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

6 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I don't understand your logic. We broke through major resistance at 1250 and have risen only 2% since. This is hardly the kind of action that signals the need for an immediate pullback. I would suggest to you that the more eager sellers got out when the market dropped from 1230 to 1177 not so long ago. I'm expecting one of two things to occur now :

a. A rapid buy to a much higher level ( >>= 1320 ) followed
    by a pullback.

b. Range bound trading between 1245 and 1295.

Which one we get will be determined by earnings reports and commodity prices.

#51     Jan 5, 2011
  2. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Haven't you been saying this since September ? Have you been making tons of money in this time period, just buying the S&P 500 from 1041 to 1275 is a 22.4% return in 5 months ?

Buying RIM yesterday you'd be up 5% today. I think its got more legs the rest of the month, my new target is $72 Cdn by April.
    P/E is 10.10 that seems cheap to me. New products coming online in February. Doesn't matter what the overall market does I think the $72 will hit.

#52     Jan 5, 2011
  3. SPY went into a micro flash crash today (-0.4% right now).

i expect the dumps to become progressively stronger while the bulls will attempt to buy the dips as the year unfolds until a major flash crash takes place.

so it has been foretold...

the suspect thing about today's sell-off is the strength in Qs. so, i guess we won't crash much today.

#53     Jan 6, 2011
  4. S2007S

S2007S

Nasdaq up over 2% so far for 2011!!!!!

Simply amazing, at this pace it will break to historical highs by the end of 2011, passing levels not seen since the dot com collapse. This is going to be something else when it happens, by then AAPL should be trading around $650 a share!!!!

There will be no opportunity to buy dips so continue to buy the 52 week high on a day to day basis.

#54     Jan 6, 2011
  5. any good explanations why Qs are strong? does it confirm what some perma-bulls have been saying about this market not being ready for a correction?

#55     Jan 6, 2011
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

Sometimes the best advice is given by those who do not follow them. Those who can't, teach.

#56     Jan 6, 2011
  7. piezoe

piezoe

In my experience, the best teachers were always those who can, and did.

#57     Jan 6, 2011
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Wouldn't you agree that the only comparison that makes sense is one in constant dollars? And that, of course, is fraught with error.

#58     Jan 6, 2011
  9. First post in 2011- happy new year to all.

The market was rising, which made it a positive sum game for buyers.

#59     Jan 7, 2011
  10. this market is rigged!

Ben Bernanke Speaks
    10:00 AM ET

must be more good news for Longs

#60     Jan 7, 2011