Weekly Poll: Are Korean Nuisance and Wkileaks Priced in?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Nov 26, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2010.
  1. Bullish

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Flat

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Bearish

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Its not manipulation at all. This market is being driven by the strong earnings season, the rapidly improving US economic reports, low interest rates, and the huge growth in Far Eastern economies.

The bull market took a pause to reflect on Ireland and sold off for a few days. But Ireland is a lot smaller economic country then China or the US. Korea was more of a real threat to damage the market but as long as things are gotten under control it becomes a nonissue.

Historically, the markets being up 10-15% in a year is pretty average. Given that we are only in the second year of a strong bull market, it is not surprising to see a 5% year heading towards a final result of 15-20% return.

Stop worrying about it and invest long in something with strong earnings and a good balance sheet.

#51     Dec 1, 2010
  2. S2007S

S2007S

Brian Kelly admits to the FED printing money to make sure the stock market GOES HIGHER!!!!!!

hmmmm, fed printing money to make stocks "go higher" and you fools think this isn't manipulation, I love it. Only dumb bulls think this isn't manipulation.

This guy was the biggest bear, now hes the biggest bull in only weeks!

12:05-12:15 mins in listen to what he says about the fed printing money.

<object id="cnbcplayer" height="380" width="400" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" >
    <param name="type" value="application/x-shockwave-flash"/>
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/>
    <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/>
    <param name="quality" value="best"/>
    <param name="scale" value="noscale" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/>
    <param name="salign" value="lt"/>
    <param name="movie" value="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1675047307/code/cnbcplayershare"/>
    <embed name="cnbcplayer" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" bgcolor="#000000" height="380" width="400" quality="best" wmode="transparent" scale="noscale" salign="lt" src="http://plus.cnbc.com/rssvideosearch/action/player/id/1675047307/code/cnbcplayershare" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />
    </object>

#52     Dec 1, 2010
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Funny how many huge earnings reports we've had and you don't seem to catch on that corporate America is actually now doing very well. The health and wealth of corporations doesn't match macro economics of a country in most situations. And the future outlook for firms like Caterpiller and Potash ( for example ) is only better given the huge growing market for their products that is China and to a lesser extent India.

The stock market has to somewhat reflect the health of the bottom line of corporations. If you want a piece of that action the price has to be higher when things are good.

You like to call people "dumb bulls" but I am regularily long and/or short securities all the time. What would be dumb though would be if you let your obvious negative bias and general sarcastic ayttitude prevent you from making smart investment decisions. Noting the sarcasm, I have my doubts you are able to do this.

e.g. Someone wants to buy National Bank of Canada for the 3.9% yield. Rapidly growing earnings ( real money not some printed exercise ) tend to suggest the capital outlay is very safe.
    What in the world is going on that would reduce the net worth of
    National Bank ? Answer is nothing at this point.

#53     Dec 1, 2010
  4. SPY 122, hmm...

#54     Dec 2, 2010
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Anyone taking notice again of the market, again the market gaps up 40 points and starts to trend higher throughout the day, the markets are nearly up 1% right now. Notice no minor pullbacks at all, who knows what the afternoon brings but if this rally keeps up there could be a huge rise into the close again if this is the case I would think the any positive job numbers tomorrow would be priced in since the market is up almost 3% in 2 days.

#55     Dec 2, 2010
  6. The market is giving the finger to deadbroke and his 8 month old thread. [​IMG]
    I'm 66% long, 34% cash. A crash is authorized.

#56     Dec 2, 2010
  7. kashirin

kashirin

POMO is not priced in. And on a POMO day there is 1% average gain.

#57     Dec 2, 2010
  8. S2007S

S2007S

Another day of gains without the markets pulling back .10% or more during the entire trading day.

Hmmm???

#58     Dec 2, 2010
  9. S2007S

S2007S

When is the next POMO day coming, should be spectacular!!!!

#59     Dec 2, 2010
  10. My EWZ took a nice dip. Repurchased what I sold earlier; gained 1 free share. Back to 78% long 22% cash.
    Gap up tomorrow is likely. If that's the case, I'd love to sell at the open. [​IMG]

#60     Dec 2, 2010