Weekly Poll: Are Korean Nuisance and Wkileaks Priced in?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Nov 26, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Dec 3, 2010.
  1. Bullish

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Flat

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Bearish

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. The dollar: Where are the comments of fine people like Piezoe and Shortie?

#11     Nov 28, 2010
  2. Well well, futures are nicely positive. Looks like Ireland is fixed, eh? [​IMG]

#12     Nov 28, 2010
  3. eur/usd at 1.3232. Is it a buy?

#13     Nov 28, 2010
  4. Guys: what to do with EUR/USD? It is now at 1.3235. Will the retest of 1.2332 fail? Is smart money hiding at 1.3232?

#14     Nov 28, 2010
  5. How could the dollar trade in the green after a cablegate? Is technical trading more important, and only when sellers of eur/usd are done for today will the pair rally to reflect fundamentals?

I have a feeling that days from now if the dollar goes down, they might say "dollar is down because of cablegate", but how could that be correct when the dollar is now up? :confused:

#15     Nov 28, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Futures going higher and higher by the hour, looks like by tomorrow morning futures could be easily up over .75%, risk free returns, Friday markets had a small slide down but within the first few minutes tomorrow morning they will have erased all of Fridays losses.

Tomorrows news on wallstreet is going to be nothing else but about how many people are going to go into work tomorrow to start buying more useless items from online websites for christmas, more hyped up news about how the dumb consumer is going to spend more money than last year on the web. Let the hyping begin.

Futures

S&P FUT
    1190.0 _ 6.8 +0.57%
    DOW FUT
    11082.0 _ 52.0 +0.47%
    NAS FUT
    2154.5 _ 8.5 +0.40%
    OIL
    84.38 _ 0.62 +0.74%

#16     Nov 28, 2010
  7. Cablegate was a yawner - nothing particularly surprising or noteworthy.

Seems Wikileaks prime objective these days is pimping Wikileaks.

#17     Nov 29, 2010
  8. I bought eur/usd at 1.3232 and below. I should loaded a lot. It is now at 1.3285. I knew it. No they would start saying it is because of wikileaks. Maybe I should get myself out at this level.

I always get screwed when I should not. Damn it, it seems going higher. Pray for me that it retreats so I can get back in my position. I lost my position, and I cannot go back in without a retreat.

#18     Nov 29, 2010
  9. now 1.33. I feel I did a stupid move to sell early. The guy who bought from me did not have even a few pips loss so far. He got a good trade. I took all the risk from down in the 1.32 area, and s/he is reaping the significant rewards, and I got crumbs.

The guy who bought from me got 15 pips profits in 5 minutes. I had to sit and wait, and suffer and only got in 50 pips in 8 hours. That is only 5 pips per hour. Compare that to 3 pips per minute.

#19     Nov 29, 2010
  10. What sort of comments in there trying to explain which cannot be explained from external factors? If it cannot go below 117, it has to rise. The short sellers below 117 would buy at certain point. Don't you think?

Guys: if you are buying something on the web (amazon or others) let me know. I have a link if you click it before you buy and cookies are allowed, some of the money that would sit in amazon's/etc pockets would be sent back to me. You will get it anyway, so it should not bother you to use the links. I however bet that you would rather leave all your money with amazon/etc than have amazon/etc send some of it back to me.

#20     Nov 29, 2010