Weekly Poll: Any Shorts Left?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Oct 15, 2010.

SPY Next Week?

1. Bullish

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Flat

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  3. Bearish

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself

6 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. no time to do the research of Cramer's recent calls but he sounds quite bullish in the first article from street.com:

"It only took Apple(AAPL_) to go up $9 and Google(GOOG_) to go up $60 and Seagate(STX_) to get an inquiry to realize that tech stocks are undervalued. I am surprised even that was able to do it.
    Anyway, today the market declared them totally shortsighted and I would not be surprised if, next week, you see money plowing into the Sandisks(SNDK_) and the Crees(CREE_) and the Jabils(JBL_) and the JDSs(JDSU_). They have lagged.

"
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/10890724/1/jim-cramers-best-blogs.html

#11     Oct 17, 2010
  2. Well well, the futures are very red. Is this gonna be one of those fake sell offs, or the end of the bear rally? [​IMG]

#12     Oct 18, 2010
  3. i am shooting for a biggie. see if i can progress to next level of trading with this trade :cool:

#13     Oct 18, 2010
  4. is the market flat in expectations of AAPL earnings?

me thinkes that when all eyes are staring at a single company that is not a sign of a healthy market.

#14     Oct 18, 2010
  5. Currently I have the Dow Jones in a confirmed uptrend. I generally follow the dow. Although it is in an uptrend I'm on the sidelines. Basically I'm just adhering to my trading rules that have served me well. At this time I don't know if it will go up or down. I just know I need more information to decide. When I get that information I will react accordingly. I never plan to far out into the future. Nothing is a sure thing. You have to always be able to react to the market conditions that can change without warning.

I have further analysis on my personal blog if interested and a few charts:
    http://forexindicators-metrader.blogspot.com/

#15     Oct 18, 2010
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Apple and ibm earnings should keep tech in the spotlight all week long.

#16     Oct 18, 2010
  7. MPK

MPK

longs only with shorts on a tight leash

#17     Oct 18, 2010
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

POMO day today, wednesday and friday.

with free fed money, the market can only go up.

#18     Oct 18, 2010
  9. No new money flowing into the INDU, much of the volume is weak and the sideline money is parking in other arenas.

No reason to go long or short this market in the Long Run right now.

Let the Daytraders and HFTs fight it out.

#19     Oct 18, 2010
  10. S2007S

S2007S

And the markets are at intraday highs, have to love a market that goes entirely one way. No such thing as the word down or profit taking in this risk free market money making machine.

#20     Oct 18, 2010