Weekly Poll: After Mubarak Shoved +4% Candle Up Bear's Butt, What Happens Now?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Feb 11, 2011.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2011.
  1. Bullish

29 vote(s)
    56.9%
  2. Flat

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Bearish

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

5 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. What's amazing is that when Mubarak was finally going to step down, that helped the markets....

but a few years back that would have caused people to say "Gee, more instability, we don't know who will really lead now, etc..."

and the market would have fallen about 400 points.

Just a different market now.

JJacksET4

#11     Feb 12, 2011
  2. The uncertainty was killing the markets. Anything was better than not knowing how this was going to get resolved.

#12     Feb 12, 2011
  3. Really, we dropped 1,000+ points during the uncertainty?

I have seen the markets drop more because of uncertainty over the exact second that Greenspan was going to speak compared to what happened in Eygpt.

Again at many points, ANY outcome in Eygpt would have caused at least a short/mid term market crash - now nobody even cares.

JJacksET4

#13     Feb 12, 2011
  4. ammo

ammo

when egypt came out it was like the border collie herding sheep,run em south,then north,on monday We have no idea what will happen going forward in Egypt, it's now under military rule,the same folks who were the instrument in carrying out all of mubaraks oppression for the last 30 years, ;lot's of money there that won't make it down to the people, likely just come under someone else's control ,talks cheap, we'll wait and see

#14     Feb 12, 2011
  5. We have had two selloffs from 57.93 level. The 1.5% window given by my models, at beginning of last week, for a qqqq topping was [57.93, 58.80]. I missed logging in at end of day Friday to buy puts. I hope we will not have a down gap at open on Monday---so I may buy some puts at favorable prices.

Does anyone know the highest leverage one can get on the short side while paying no/least time premium?

#15     Feb 12, 2011
  6. Hmmm....

You may be right. My apologies, I've been obsessing about the gold market these past couple of weeks, where Egypt really did make a difference. Overall, you have a point.

#16     Feb 12, 2011
  7. noddyboy

noddyboy

You are right on - the polls do suggest a drop this week.

#17     Feb 13, 2011
  8. is it safe for me to post the picture of a greedy pig (i.e. bull)? i don't want to post it and then have eggs thrown in my face if we keep moving higher.

#18     Feb 13, 2011
  9. ammo

ammo

i am all out of eggs shortie,but just to ruin another thread i will call you stupid,please reply with the same and keep E T elite

#19     Feb 13, 2011
  10. Which strike do you think would be cheap if one were to buy puts on QQQQs? (QQQQs are now at 59.55).

#20     Feb 14, 2011