Weekly Poll: After Brief Excitement Will We Go Back to Boring?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by shortie, Feb 25, 2011.

SPY Next Week?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2011.
  1. Bullish

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  2. Flat

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  3. Bearish

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  4. I prefer to keep my opinion to myself or don't have one

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. before I even started to get excited about the volatility: SPY -3% drop is half-recovered, VIX is dropping faster than it went up, and Oil is still surging :confused:

where do we go from here?

2. street.com is bullish:
    Bullish 51.83% 99 votes
    Bearish 30.36% 58 votes
    Neutral 17.8% 34 votes

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

4. Absolutely

What's your point?

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Exactly.

6. What's the point of the silly stars?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

You'd have to ask Baron, although presumably it saves members from wasting their time on threads other members deem...well...crap.

Another, possibly more important, question is what's the point of ignoring consistently low ratings?

Oh and how's your half sister/wife doing?
    You get her something good for Valentine's Day?

8. if people vote in a poll, they find it interesting. naturally, i will stop running polls once i start getting 0-1 votes in the polls not in the stars.

i think most ETers ignore the silly stars, but that should deter you from wasting your time by clicking on them :D

GL!

9. i am looking through headlines and the signs are that it will be over for Gadhafi soon. But, there is a huge chance that the instability in Libya and beyond will persist for months or years. This almost automatically means higher oil prices, which can't be good for equities. Does the market prices in this future instability?

I am wondering how high SPX would be right now if the level of stability in N.Africa were at the level from a year ago.

1500?

10. Select quotes from Buffett's annual letter

"The prophets of doom have overlooked the all-important factor that is certain: Human potential is far from exhausted, and the American system for unleashing that potential - a system that has worked wonders for over two centuries despite frequent interruptions for recessions and even a Civil War - remains alive and effective."

"Now, as in 1776, 1861, 1932 and 1941, America's best days lie ahead."

"Our elephant gun has been reloaded, and my trigger finger is itchy.""

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/26/buffett-quotes-idUSN2617889520110226

Buffett will surely make little guy fingers itch on Monday after they read his quotes.

But will we have at least a small dip before the "best days ahead"?

#10     Feb 26, 2011