weekly options

Discussion in 'Options' started by osho67, Jan 27, 2009.

1. DutchMan

DutchMan

The Retail investor in Holland is very active compared with the other countries offering this product

#11     Jan 29, 2009
  2. Does IB offer AEX options? I could not find the symbol . AEX lite is offered but that does not have any options.

Thanks

#12     Jan 29, 2009
  3. FT79

FT79

yes, EOE they don't have the daily options. Spreads are fantastic incl. execution. You can easily move 200 contracts around midpoint.

#13     Jan 29, 2009
  4. Thanks so much.

What a symbol for IB to pick up. Could not find on their site.

Yes I agree bid/ask spread is so narrow. I think the multiplier is 100 euros. I will try one contract paper trading. I never thought Netherland option could be so active and good.

Thanks and I hope this info will be useful to many.

#14     Jan 29, 2009
  5. Osho,

I just stumbled upon this thread . . .

I have experience trading the SPX weekly options. As some have stated, the bid/ask spread is usually wide and the volume is usually low. Not a good combination. :D

A few times, I have traded them and not only could I NOT buy or sell at the midpoint, I was forced to buy at the offer and sell at the bid!! So now, when I open a position in the weekies, I do so at an aggressive price with the understanding that I will either let the position go to expiration (not preferable) or that I might have to close out at a poor price.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

AZD

#15     Jan 31, 2009
  6. DutchMan

DutchMan

Oh my God!! Please stop trading SPX Weekly's!! The cost of doing business is simply to high. You should never trade the bid/ask when trading options

#16     Feb 1, 2009
  7. There are times when it is necessary to buy at the bid and sell at the ask. I was referencing my attempt to close a position and not to open one.

AZD

#17     Feb 1, 2009