weekly/monthly trades

Discussion in 'Options' started by met1989, Mar 12, 2019.

1. met1989

met1989

are there any trades stragties that don't require to sit in front of a screen all day and are done after a week or a month ?

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Long/Short equity pairs.
    Option spreads.
    Directional trades.

MACD and tommcginnis like this.
  3. met1989

met1989

@Robert Morse when do u sleep you always answer ?

What’s equity pairs

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Find a stock in an industry that you expect to increase in value vs a correlated stock you expect to do poorly. And example would be to trade NIO vs Tesla or BA vs GS or RUT vs DOW etc. By being long/short it removes market risk and targets your opinion on a particular stock or industry versus another one. My examples around them and I do not prefer the first name over the second.

What is sleep? Must be one of those human requirements and i’m an AI bot.

5. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

6. met1989

met1989

7. ccrjr1

ccrjr1

I also needed a low maintenance strategy. I've been consistently profitable (m-o-m) trading vertical debit spreads and condors with about a month til expiration. Once I'm in the trades, I just check them daily.

8. met1989

met1989

I never liked that condor the premium are very little I prefer the butterflies and they are easier to manage and adjust my question is if let’s say I’m not on the screen seeing a big move will I be able to adjust as well at the time not meaning if the nRkets crash then I’m for sure wiped out