Weekly Index Charts Reveal The Future.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GrandSupercycle, Dec 5, 2011.

1. luisHK

luisHK

January a negative month in average over the 20 last years ???

Other links give it the best month of the year with December - although on a longer time frame. Your link is quite surprising.

#21     Dec 5, 2011

2. oh boy .:( .

#22     Dec 5, 2011
  3. #23     Dec 6, 2011
  4. bone

bone

Since when does Technical Analysis and Charting "Reveal the Future" ? No such thing.

#24     Dec 6, 2011
  5. #25     Dec 6, 2011
    #26     Dec 7, 2011
  7. bone

bone

Since when does Technical Analysis and Charting "Reveal the Future" ? No such thing.

#27     Dec 7, 2011
  8. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

I have very little desire to argue with the Unicycle (Bicycle is too big for him,...:D ). However, I thought I would point out to those that use TA that markets have turned very bullish in my opinion in the last 10 days. Here is the weekly chart similar to what Unicylce posted before but with momentum, and trend indicators all showing what I belive to be an impending break of the August to December Downtrend. Could this be a BULL FLAG?....only time will tell. Here is a chart that I posted in another thread showing a definite downtrend 2 weeks ago,...NOW ITS NOT LOOKING LIKE ITS NOT GOING TO PLAY OUT. I was VERY BEARISH on this market like most people here until the last 10 days when the market is telling me othewise. I would NOT be short this market unless we break below the low of 2 weeks ago at 1158.66. Just my opinion.

Lastly, to those that like to call market direction (myself included). It is only 50% of trading to determine market direction. You need to be able to trade it correctly to profit from it. I have proven numerous times it is possible to be right on dirction and still lose money.

I have at least given a weekly STOP of sorts to say when I will be proven wrong (low of 2 weeks ago,..1158.66). Where is your stop Unicycle? When will all the markets going higher NOT be consider just a short squeeze and actually define an uptrend?

[​IMG]

#28     Dec 7, 2011
  9. #29     Dec 8, 2011
  10. N54_Fan

N54_Fan

My chart shows a potential Bull Flag with a downtrend since late 7-11. The momentum and trend indicators are all pointing up. Stochastic, MACD histogram, MACD, and EMAs all showing bullishness with a triple EMA cross to the upside. Also the trendline down on the MACD and Histogram are also being broken this week. There is also evidence of a potential break of price resistance line from the downtrend that began in 7-11. This will probably play out in the next few weeks if not next week. I only see bullishness unless the market breaks below 116.20 and the MACD curls lower.

#30     Dec 8, 2011