weekend quotes

Discussion in 'Forex' started by aestreux, Jan 28, 2007.

1. aestreux

aestreux

does anyone have a source for reliable quotes for after hours on the weekend, specifically gbpjpy?

i know there isn't really, but i know of one source that is quoting a drastically different quote than from all the rest. and i just want to confirm.

thanks.

2. If you are thinking of arbing that one source for instant risk-free profit, go ahead and do it... if you can.

With the sole, well known exception of Oanda, there are no retail forex brokers open for trading on weekends, to the best of my knowledge. (I'd love to be proven wrong on this.) Whatever quotes you are seeing elsewhere, away from 238.05/25 currently (bid = Friday close), are just for giggles; they are not executable. What, no free lunch?! surprise.

3. aestreux

aestreux

you were right! there was no free lunch ;(

4. There are retail brokers which allow u to trade major pairs weekends.

5. And their names must be a closely guarded Russian secret?

6. Yeahh, man! Just as everything here in Russia!!
    :D :D :D :D

Seriously, recall the Kursk submarine story, the Litvinenko story & a lot more. Rosja is a police state. U should know about it from your press reports.

Can't come up with any broker names at the moment.

7. Right. As a budding BS artist, you'll fit right in on ET, where you'll be able to practice and perfect your still basic skills, while learning from many masters of the craft. Welcome.

8. Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow.