Weed Bust

Discussion in 'Politics' started by zook, Mar 12, 2006.

1. #21     Mar 13, 2006
  2. maybe PeiltheTraveler should change his name to PeiltheFugitive:D

#22     Mar 13, 2006
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Cuz they'd be going to jail right now for a lot longer. In it's infinite wisdom, our gubment regards pot as almost-legal, but cocaine as A Very Bad Thing.

#23     Mar 13, 2006
  4. Hey, whats a lid going for nowadays?

Back in the day, a 5 finger lid was $12.00

#24     Mar 13, 2006
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm.....Zook---How do you feel about Coors Light and Jim Beam?

#25     Mar 13, 2006
  6. I bet this operation was more dependent on generators than a local power co? That many halogen lights would be outrageously oblivious!

#26     Mar 14, 2006
  7. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

hmm - same over here, but they are coming down a bit heavier on the dealers of weed (esp skunk) and lighter on the user. one reason why coke is growing in popularity over here - there is a positive divergence between the jail time you will get for weed v coke.

personally though i cant have a line unless i got some weed to take the edge off

:D

anyone remember the fabulous furry freak bros? they were always out to score a 'lid'

how much in weight is a lid?

#27     Mar 14, 2006
  8. Pretty slick operation. Maybe they should have set up a C-Corp on the surface (literally) a manufacturing/services company with offshore accounts investment holders, to provide a legit front. It It would survive the scrutiny of the tax man, power consumption and money flows.

#28     Mar 14, 2006
  9. basically a lid is an ounce.

Back before indoor grows, personal use bags were put together with sandwich bags, using the thickness of ones "finger" to gauge volume.

4 fingers on top of eachother measured out $10.00 worth of dope, 5 fingers was $12.00 worth.

Now you all have an idea of my age :D

#29     Mar 14, 2006
  10. I know this old hippie that lived on Haight, went to Woodstock I, was in a motorcycle gang, etc. He was working the shrimp boats like Forest Gump for a while in TX back in the 60's. Apparently, drugs were dirt cheap in TX back then. Like if you knew someone, you could get a half- pound of pot for $10.

Question for all you druggies: why don't they have greenhouse operations to cultivate coca leaves in the US? It would seem that a high tech operation could replicate the Andes climate and make a killing.

#30     Mar 15, 2006