Weed Bust

Discussion in 'Politics' started by zook, Mar 12, 2006.

1. How many children have been molested and permanently scarred by perverts who <b>could have been caught</b>, had law enforcement personnel been focused on <b>fighting actual crime<b>, instead of taking political prisoners?

<b>Prohibition will continue, only for as long as you let it. </b>

#11     Mar 12, 2006
  2. fan27

fan27

I used to grow weed when I was a teenager. I would show people my plants and they would inevitably be stolen. Finally, I got a Hydro unit and some lights and grew in a cottage that I rented. I would trim the leaves and my dog would eat them off the ground. It was fun and the weed wasn't half bad either. I haven't smoked in almost 10 years but would still like to grow.

fan27

#12     Mar 12, 2006
  3. Turok

Turok

Peil:
    >I always hate it when they over inflate
    >what they actually got.

Agreed, but here they may be closer than you think.

>1 plant gives you about 1 ounce.

Not if he knows his stuff (and it looks like he may). You are off by ~4x.

>Now these guys are obviously selling by the pound
    >and not by the eighth. ... if they sell pound by
    >pound they might get 2000 a pound if its good stuff
    >and if they are selling 1 pound at a time.

If they are growing a good Afghani Indica, and prep it well it will be going for ~4k per lb *in volumes of 50lbs. If they are growing a Mexican Sativa strain (which it looks closer to), you will not be far off.

TCM:
    >Your count is incomplete. If you noticed, he has
    >a conveyor belt production line. From seedlings
    >to fully grown plants. This guy is harvesting every
    >day. Not every few months.

Not from the pictures he doesn't -- in the first picture he's got a batch of cuttings rooting under the florescents(on) and sodiums(off -- they will be turned on as seedlings take root), and a crop blooming under the halides in the other pictures. All members of each group are about the same age. He's definitely running a "crop" system rather than a "continuous" system.

With the C02 injection system that you can see in the pictures, he should be running a harvest out of there every 6 weeks or so.

TG:
    >Neither util bills nor heat nor any external signs
    >gave this guy away, somebody trusted the wrong
    >person. Seems like that's what it always comes
    >down to, flapping jaws.

Yep. I did a three year Fed stint for building the biggest and best underground system the DEA had seen to date - pictures and story made the NY Times all the way from wilds of Minnesota. (I was not the operator nor financier -- just the builder). No util bills (Cat "Quiet Gens" like used on movie sets provided the power), no heat (water cooled lights, AC and gen with the heat being widely dispersed across the floor of a lake through a network of pipes). Taken down by the relative of a group member. It's the lips.

JB

#13     Mar 12, 2006
  4. Qoute from turok
    "Not from the pictures he doesn't -- in the first picture he's got a batch of cuttings rooting under the florescents"

Those fluoro's look far from optimaly placed, shouldnt they be much closer at root stage?
    I thought the spectrum was most effective at around the metre mark, they look much further away. Theres no reason the plants should have stretched that much.

:confused:

#14     Mar 12, 2006
  5. Hello Turok. How many individuals do you think it took to run this operation?

#15     Mar 13, 2006
  6. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

why dont they grow coca (cocaine) in these places? if they can control the climate with these lights & oxygen pumps, why not make some REAL money and get a far better high?

:confused:

#16     Mar 13, 2006
  7. You seem to be quite knowledgeable in the profit factor in growing plants, no? :)

#17     Mar 13, 2006
  8. No kidding. 5 years..LOL that agent just slow walked his way 5 years closer to a full pension. In probably the safest of all illicit drug professions. Its almost comical except the prison time the farmers will get.

And BTW with a "sea of green" style growing cycle 1mm a year is easy @ 3000.00 a lb for high grade buds. The farmer got lucky...they underestimated.

#18     Mar 13, 2006
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

Try more like $3700 and it doesnt matter how many you get....:D

#19     Mar 13, 2006
  10. I wonder what their electric bill was.

#20     Mar 13, 2006