Wednesday a guaranteed mess

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDODGE, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Why don't you go after Stock Turder and Hedgefundtrader? Most people on this forum hate both of their permabullness. Every single post they are pumping some BS without looking at the facts.

Any reasonable person would have thought today could be a potential large down day. Trading is about predicting the future. I don't care what you think. Unless you are a scalper you make some predictions one way or another.

#31     Apr 16, 2008
  2. In my defense there was no "great" news today. Everything was just not as bad as everyone thought. Expectations have been dropped so much that the market doesn't expect much to jump 1.5%.

We are in a recession and the market is delusional.

#32     Apr 16, 2008
  3. Can they?
    Sounds like baron should be expecting another saturday night phone call from landis real soon!

#33     Apr 16, 2008
  4. My guess would be that Baron likes people to mix it up but I've had troubles on sports forums where I use the same alias in that type of atmosphere.

It's a very tough question because you never want to come off as insular in this new age of internet. But some filtering needs to be done and not on a hit basis. Wikkipedia had a really interesting concept but there's a little Hitler in everyone and even there the high minded one's have become too restrictive...

It's much worse to be trapped into a pay site like motely fool and there ridiculous CAPS concept, who likes to hear people pontificate and you have no idea if they are any good? There is some accountability here on ET and if you stick around long enough you know who to read.

Right now I just read myself. Although I am always looking for others- to just recommend a stock, guide me through the process and tell me when to sell and then gloat about it. It sounds so easy....~ stoney

#34     Apr 16, 2008
  5. You're a putz. Wrong is wrong.

#35     Apr 16, 2008
  6. That could be. How long are you going to wait before it becomes rational?

#36     Apr 16, 2008
  7. I don't know what you mean by wait. I am up huge today, mostly from my SIGM position that I suggested yesterday in the stock portion of the forum. Look back through my prior posts, I am not some stupid pumper who doesn't know what I am doing.

#37     Apr 16, 2008
  8. It's comical how you start this thread looking for big declines ("a guaranteed mess"), yet claim you are "up huge" when it does the opposite ! Bozo.

#38     Apr 16, 2008
  9. You may be up 'huge' on SIGM but I can only imagine how huge your other losses must be.

#39     Apr 16, 2008
  10. Look at the time of my original post and look at the time of my SIGM suggestion. I found an opportunity and exploited it. Yay me!

#40     Apr 16, 2008