Wednesday a guaranteed mess

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDODGE, Apr 14, 2008.

1. even a broken clock is right twice a day. You've been a bull for a long time on ET, how has it gone for you since the summertime? Downtrend downtrend downtrend....eventually the market was bound to move in your favor.
    Plus look at a daily chart, we are going sideways overall since the fed rate cuts. We are not out of the water just yet.

#21     Apr 16, 2008
  2. You will be buying 2000 pts higher :D

#22     Apr 16, 2008
  3. Let the market pass of $115 and 1.60 EUR/USD. It will catch up to us.

#23     Apr 16, 2008
  4. You don't get it, do you?

It's not what the actual numbers are.
    It's HOW the market RESPONDS to those numbers.

That's what makes a TRADER successful . . . reacting to how the market RESPONDS, rather than trying to rationalize their own "bias" into the process.

#24     Apr 16, 2008
  5. I have made money this year and am up 4% today (HUGE). Can't argue with making money. This thread was just a shot in the dark. :D

#25     Apr 16, 2008
  6. Perhaps the single biggest reason why the value of ET has deteriorated to nothing short of a Yahoo Finance Message Board.

Congratulations for helping to contribute to its demise.
    :(

#26     Apr 16, 2008
  7. Landis this whole thing opens up a can of worms.
    I agree something is amuck but I don't like sweeping pronouncements of never predict the market, just go with the flow, react to others reacting BS-- that's the ultimate cop out and every yuppie's resume in the business that I meet. Shutting people up is my specialty and I can assure you both can be done. You can speak your mind on the market... if you have the facts and cycles down... AND BE RIGHT. As I have been time and time again... giving both the exact turn date and the follow through day... there is no reward for what I do other than what I can rangle together for myself... but if these shot in the dark half ass threads compete with my brilliance and then give you the impression that ET is nothing better than Yahoo- well then something has to be done... ~stoney

#27     Apr 16, 2008
  8. This is perhaps one of the worst calls in a while. Unless the fed drops an absolute stinker the market is probably gonna keep drifting higher today.

#28     Apr 16, 2008
  9. Stoney, the bottomline is that ET has become "littered" with posters ( and their numerous aliases ) that post their thoroughly non-sensical "bias" in the TRADING FORUM day after day after day . . . and it winds-up polluting ET to such an extent that there no longer is any value here outside of the Hardware or Software Forums. And most would question whether or not these people actually trade for a living given some of the absurd posts that they make . . . like the Aaron Copland's of the world that ask if the FED can put a "cap" on crude oil prices.
    :(

For some reason, Baron does not seem to mind one bit.

I guess it keeps the web "activity" up and allows him to market how "active" his website is to potential advertisers. - - - Little do these potential advertisers know that most of these "web-hits" are full of garbage. Not a very good reflection on ET and Baron, but for some reason, he doesn't seem to mind.

Sad, but true.:(

#29     Apr 16, 2008
  10. Every single one of your calls is bad. You are the one person who shouldn't talk.

#30     Apr 16, 2008