Wednesday a guaranteed mess

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDODGE, Apr 14, 2008.

1. You putz

This is all happening on WEDNESDAY, today is TUESDAY:)

#11     Apr 15, 2008

2. Don't forget KO.

If Coke doesn't deliver and people stop drinking Coke, I know we are doomed.:)

I hope IBM gets bent over after the bell though Wed.

#12     Apr 15, 2008
  3. Futures up big

Dow 12,410.00 56.00 0.45
    S&P 500 1,344.10 8.20 0.61
    NASDAQ 1,822.00 25.25 1.41

and rising

Tomorrow could easily be a 200+ point day on dow and 40 points on nasdaq.

Glad I'm not short.

#13     Apr 15, 2008
  4. he he he he, what has the world come to!

yes indeed futures look A OK for $115 oil.............
    All we need to do is get through any financial Merryl or Bear Sterns lingo tomorrow, someone is supposed to announce new write downs, I forget who.... usually they find replacement funds- foreign money the same day..... then stock trad3r you may have hit your first CORRECT CALL finally on ET about Thursday!

has anyone noticed that these banks are offloading these "terrible end of world mortgage bundles" for 90 cents on the dollar fairly regularly. Yes smart folks at hedge funds and other pension plans I imagine are scooping them up-- there are two sides to that event one- 90 cents back on a dollar is not bad in my book, although we are talking Billions of dollars and don't these buyers expect that 10 cents back when they sell if not more... it's so tough to get a true and accurate picture of this debt mess but it's not like what is killing us slowly is radioactive and no one will take it and the Gov needs to buy everyone's mortgage... that's NOT happening so everyone should F*ing relax and let us get back on our feet. The sexy averages are not even in correction mode yet they hover at 9.7% down the S&P is down 15% due to the financial stocks... lets back them out and assume everything has about 4% upside NOW!
    ~stoney

#14     Apr 16, 2008
  5. GTS

GTS

90 cents on the dollar is the end of the world if you are leveraged 30:1.

It was never about this 'toxic' debt being worthless - its about what happens when you are leveraged to the hilt with assets that start declining in value.

#15     Apr 16, 2008
  6. Well that's a good point 30 x 10 =$300 cents so $3 lost for every $1 of bad loans....

It's STILL ANOTHER INSTITUTION SAYING 90% OF YOUR BASKET WE CAN SELL AND IF WE SIT ON THE REST WE'LL SELL THAT TOO so the argument cuts both ways but my premise is correct someone is validating 90% of the market it's not ALL FLUFF AND AIR which it could have been if this kind of cowboy investing was allowed to continue..... it all brings us back to why are institutions allowed to leverage that much? and like the oil market why don't we drastically raise margin requirements to play like that?~stoney

#16     Apr 16, 2008
  7. ME SO MESSY! :cool:

#17     Apr 16, 2008
  8. Whenever I see someone using the word "guarantee" in respect to market moving in a particular direction, I can guarantee it will move in the opposite direction. :)

#18     Apr 16, 2008
  9. gobar

gobar

i guarantee we will end higher today

:D

#19     Apr 16, 2008
  10. yup..

bull market lives on

no recession

no credit crunch

#20     Apr 16, 2008