WebTrader Login Problems

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by ET180, Mar 24, 2020.

1. ET180

ET180

I cannot log into WebTrader this morning. I get invalid password / username message. I can log into IB TWS Mobile without any issues. Anyone else seeing this?

2. xandman

xandman

Yes, I had those issues yesterday. It was fixed by rebooting my mobile device. We are dealing with late-90s programming technology here.

Also, try flipping over to TWS and back.

3. ET180

ET180

Still having problems with it. Rebooted computer, tried Chrome and Internet Explorer. Both failed to log in. Able to log in Mobile TWS fine.

4. ET180

ET180

Was able to log in today. I went to IB's webpage and accessed the WebTrader from there. It took me to a slightly different link. However, I'm now seeing wrong prices for many assets in my portfolio. Such as JNJ trading at 0.01. Oh well, they'll probably fix that soon.

5. Zithiel89

Zithiel89

If such moments happen, you should change your password immediately, because besides the fact that there is some kind of failure, there may be a possibility that someone else is trying to access your platform in parallel. On top of that there are really weak, I would even say outdated platforms that just don't pull when you use them from two different devices at the same time or one after the other. If you come across that a lot, you should think about changing your broker. If we are talking about browser terminals, then you should check your browser. It may be a cookie, which should be cleaned periodically, they significantly slow down the work with sites, and even more so with trading terminals, but it is not difficult, now many cookies are coped with even by antivirus programs.

6. This could be some kind of software problem or configuration failure, for the future - if this happens, the first thing to do is to contact your broker to inform them that you can only log into your account through one device, maybe it's mass-produced and then the company will need to deal with this issue faster in order to provide its clients with the opportunity to trade. By the way, this is a great way to check how your broker treats his name and his clients and this will allow you to assess whether you should continue to trade with the company or not. Although there is nothing critical about such failures, except that you missed a mega expected trade or failed to defend your position because of it. By the way, in this case, the broker must compensate you...