Webinar - Building a Trading Plan for 2018

Discussion in 'Events' started by kevinkdog, Jan 3, 2018.

1. kevinkdog

kevinkdog

Join me at this no-cost, no sales pitch trading webinar.

Easy Steps to Building a Trading Plan for 2018

January 4, 2018 (Thu) 16:30 US/Eastern

Presented by Kevin J. Davey, author of the best-selling "Building Algorithmic Trading Systems"

http://bit.ly/2CzIRZl

2. kevinkdog

kevinkdog

For those of you who missed it, this webinar recording is now available on YouTube.

Any "thumbs up" are appreciated!

3. truetype

truetype

A "trading plan" isn't of much use without a strategy with an edge. Trading randomly, you'll grind down to zero eventually -- although perhaps more slowly with a highly risk averse "trading plan." I didn't listen to the webinar carefully but as best I could tell there were no specific strategies discussed. One suggestion was to buy strategies from the TradeStation app store. I can't comment on the merits of that approach -- I haven't looked at that store.

4. kevinkdog

kevinkdog

Thanks for the comment, and thanks for listening to it. This webinar is not about an overall trading plan - identify an edge, etc. I totally agree with you about the need for that kind of plan, in addition.

This webinar is more about "what can you do in the next year to reach your goals" given that you already have some of the basics (like some edges). I described it during webinar as more of a day to day operating plan.

I can't say the Tradestation Trading App store is something good or not, as I have never used it either. I recommend people learn to build their own strategies. But for those who can't, or don't want to, or don't know how to build their own strategies, that store might be a source, as are other places.

Thanks for listening, I appreciate it.