Webcam Surveillance Software

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by bidask, Nov 10, 2008.

1. bidask

bidask

do you guys have any recommendations for webcam surveillance software?

2. Do you want to remotely monitor a camera over the internet, or record time-stamped pics based on motion detection and review them later?

Heck, I may as well just cover both.

For remote video surveillance, I use webcam2000. It's free and gets the job done with no fuss. At work or wherever, I just pull up the IP address of the webcam's computer on a web browser, and voila there's a snapshot of my webcam's view.

For motion detection capture, I use pryme. Once again, it's free, easy to use and gets the job done. You can set it up to capture stills or video clips when motion is detected. It can time stamp too. It'll even upload the caps to an ftp server if you want.

I found out who was messin' wit mah shit at work at night using pryme. :cool:

3. bidask

bidask

pryme seems to only capture still photos instead of videos. is the correct? if yes, do you have a recommendation for capturing videos?

4. Hmmm. I think you're right.

I remember messing with something that capped a video clip when motion was detected but it was a while back. I'll see if I can dig it up again.

5. It turns out the software that came with the Logitech Quickcam I use has this feature. It'll record a video clip as long as there is motion detected.

It looks like there are other webcam surveillance products available, but they're not free.

6. pc15w.com

pc15w.com

I have one asus router can do it,and there're plenty of them in other brands.
    Also,there're some wifi webcams.
    The beauty of router or standalone webcam is that you don't need to leave your pc run all the time.

7. ben123

ben123

To remotely monitor your webcam over the internet, I suggest to use "WebCam Monitor". I am using it to view my home even when I am away. This is the best app. I can control monitoring and video recording remotely. I also receive SMS on my phone on motion detection. Full featured app. Give it a try.

https://www.deskshare.com/wcm.aspx