Web Site Valuation

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by RandomX, Dec 27, 2009.

1. #21     Dec 28, 2009
  2. Agree but that's the example I assummed Nutmeg wanted.

However, if nutmeg wanted to compare a low quality trading topic versus a high quality trading topic...review the below links.

Low Quality @ http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=186650

High Quality @ http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=134075

Yet, to be fair, if a forum decides to include chit chat discussions...those stats sites does not ignore the info.

I don't own nor have any affiliation with those website traffic sites, website evaluation sites nor similar. I just like reading the info they post. If you or Baron disagree with the info they show...contact them. :cool:

Mark

#22     Dec 28, 2009
  3. Thanks Mark, I follow you re low and high quality.

All I know is that whenever I posed a question anywhere on ET, I recieved a thorough reply pretty quickly.

As for the social network etc, that is new generation (a la Sykes) and that is not a crowd I wish to hang out with. It is like a moon of Yahoo, no thanks. Yes maybe it will send ET the way of the horse and buggy but till then, ET is good.

#23     Dec 28, 2009
  4. I hope the readers would see that thread of low quality nature don't go very far on ET.

Also, I believe what attract people to this site is not necessary the threads, but the posters here.

There are a lot of good traders posting on ET. Hence, ET contains a wealth of information. The search function also made ET a great place to learn what trading is about.

#24     Dec 28, 2009
  5. Yeah, I too get good replies to my questions here at ET whenever I ask them.

However, as a member of different forums...I'm not married to one forum and will post the same question at different forums or use the search to find answers to those questions at other forums to ensure I do a complete research.

Social networking has been around since the days of Usenet, BBS and discussion forums itself. It's only gotten more attention the recent years due to the fact that the latest generation of social networking sites have capture an enormous user base that advertisers have barely even try tapping into along with being open about wanting to spend more advertising dollars towards such.

As for Timothy Sykes or penny stock promoters...to be fair after Baron's statement about those types although I'm not sure why he's discussing that guy...

I just ran a search on social networks...very few mentionings . In comparison, Elitetrader.com has much more discussions about that guy.

For example, twitter has several million users and growing fast every day. I just ran a search on Twitter itself for any message posts about Timothy Sykes and found 6 messages over the past 7 days.

http://search.twitter.com/search?q=Timothy+Sykes

He also has a twitter account with about 4,500 followers although there's only a few messages about him by the 4,500 followers.

I did the same search on Youtube...a social networking site that Baron allows embedding of videos here...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=timothy+sykes&search_type=&aq=0&oq=Timothy+Sykes

About 247 results. Also, I've only found a few mentionings or sources Timothy Sykes is involved with on other social networks outside of youtube and twitter.

Now use ET search and do the same...
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/search.php?s=

You'll see that there's far more discussion about Timothy Sykes here at ET in comparison to any other social network...social networks that's far larger than Elitetrader.com

Now go to other trader discussion forums and you'll see the same...more discussion here at Elitetrader.com although to be fair...ET is much bigger than it's competitor forums but far smaller in comparison to individual social network sites.

My point is that Baron implied that the reason why he's not interested in social networks like facebook, myspace, youtube, twitter, delicious, blogs, digg, linkedln, reddit, flickr et cetera is that it will attract the Timothy Sykes when in fact he's hardly not mention on social networks he fears in comparison to being discussed here at Elitetrader.com
    :D

If I'm not mistaken...didn't Baron have Timothy Sykes as a sponsor here for awhile and kepted him here after many ET members protested about that guy...how many complaints and/or angry message posts did it take to severe ET relationship with Timothy Sykes (rhetorical question)?

Regardless, Timothy Sykes is a topic on my low quality list and now that the conversation has shifted to Timothy Sykes and gang...I'm done with this thread. :cool:

P.S. I didn't start the discussion about that guy. I'm just posting stats shown by social networks about that guy...no assumptions.

Mark

#25     Dec 28, 2009
  6. Sykes is so busy making 700% on paper and bashing his critics he has no time for convo's on Twitter.

He also spends much time burning those amazing dvd's he sells on his main box, the 286 he bought at a flea market in 1998.

#26     Dec 28, 2009
  7. Yeah but cl was a hotspot for poon tang. Who cares about layout when you're getting......

#27     Dec 28, 2009
  8. You know which thread is of low quality and it's full of non-sense?

This thread:

Trading is easy, very easy, damn easy

Finest BS I have wasted my time skimming through. Yet, it's packaged as quality thread!!!

:mad:

#28     Dec 28, 2009
  9. You know what thread that I found was full of non sense:

Trading is hard, very hard, damn hard

After skimming through it was obvious every one wanted to keep the money for themselves, ahhh they know but won't tell, always discouraging people, greedy bastards.

#29     Dec 28, 2009
  10. Seriously, I doubt most of them knows what real trading is about. Yet, some guy would pretend to be some kind of guru for an ego boost.

#30     Dec 28, 2009