Web Site Design Costs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Apr 9, 2007.

1. bwahwahwhwahwhahawhawhaw NOW I'M A WHORE?!>?!
    For the record, I've only ever laid on my back for one person on this site, their name isn't John, and I was laying on my back (although sometimes my stomach, sometimes my knees...etc) for him long before I even knew what elitetrader was.

So all you took from that long detailed post of mine was that since I'm a nice girl I must be a prostitute? I pay and have paid, for my own bills for a very long time and if I was looking for someone to be my sugardaddy, I assure you, I would be busy hanging out at one of the many bars here in L.A. talking to guys who drive Ferrari's, or I'd move to Chicago and hang out by the Merc escalators but I would NOT be hanging out at home talking to people on the internet...

Since you paid no attention to the rest of my post I'm going to assume you're from a country that encourages putting blacks cloth masks on their faces

#41     Apr 12, 2007
  2. You got issues. You are the one who called yourself a whore and prostitute. Nobody but yourself. Because that is what you think of yourself. That is why whore and prostitute was the first thing that popped into your mind. It is obvious when you brought it to everybody's attention on this site.

You said you have to pay for your own bills in your above post. Too bad for you that you aren't attractive enough to get a real man to let you stay at home. You must be really ugly.

You must have a guilty conscience. You sure don't talk like a nice girl. The things that popped into your warped mind and the words that came out of your mouth in your last post are the words of a real PRO working the street corner. Have a nice working night you lady of the night. Don't forget to tell your Johns that you have AIDS if you do. Because if you don't then you can go to jail for murder. It is against the law for prostitutes like yourself to have sex with men if you have AIDS.

#42     Apr 12, 2007
  3. Do you have to pay monthly web hosting fees if you want to just register a domain name, but not develop a web site?

Is godaddy recommended by anyone?

#43     Apr 12, 2007
  4. Yes, godaddy is fine for domain name registration.

No, you don't need to pay for hosting to register a domain name. Optionally, you can just park it.

#44     Apr 12, 2007
  5. #45     Apr 12, 2007
  6. The cheap hosting plans are shared hosting and therefore are fine for simple websites. You can even get away with some PHP/MySQL or ASP/SQL server stuff if you need but all of the caveats of shared hosting apply.

You do not get root access as far as I remember; only FTP, so that may have a bearing on what you can do.

There are also some limitations on MySQL installations e.g. you will not be able to enable search features if you are planning to run a Drupal site last time I checked.

For mission-critical e-commerce sites, VPS or dedicated hosting is best in which case I would personally go with someone other than GoDaddy - although they do offer these options.

In summary, it depends what your needs are. There are websites and then there are websites. If all you want is a blog or simple website and you aren't worried about 5 9s uptime and all the other bells and whistles then it may well fit your needs - you can always scale up as required at a later date.

Support is OK but I've never really needed any; if you are a newbie, then you may value and need support more. There is a fairly extensive online knowledge base if you are comfortable with self-service.

#46     Apr 12, 2007
  7. Oh lawd.....I can't even respond to such garbage but I don't think it matters because you could probably spend a good portion of your day arguing with yourself because clearly, you can't make up your mind as to what you believe.

Also, upon looking at some of your other posts, you seem to have a problem with people on the internet not being nice, I believe they have a name for people like you, it starts with a "p" and rhymes with wussy.

Good day sir, I hope you get the help you need

#47     Apr 12, 2007
  8. I never used them but I haven't heard any compaints about them. Not sure if this is true or not. But if you register a domain at godaddy or other domain hosting, and then if your domain names becomes popular one day that somebody offers you alot of money for it, like 1M or even 100K. Then you won't be able to sell it because it does not belong to you. It belongs to godaddy.com and you are subleasing the domain from them. That is why it only cost less than $5.00 a year at godaddy. But if you sign up with your damin at www.netsolutions.com for $35.00 a year. Then you can sell your domain for the high price because it belongs to you. That might be something you want to consider before buying a domain.

#48     Apr 12, 2007
  9. Wrong.

Wrong again ... no one pays the big bucks for domains anyone. That was almost 10 years ago.

Wrong.

And of course, wrong once more ... the web address is netWORKsolutions.com.

Man, you're the Cliff Claven of ET.

#49     Apr 12, 2007
  10. Wrong? He's not wrong about anything in this thread! I am indeed a prostitute who moonlights as an overcharging website designer who is too ugly to have a man therefore I have a normal job and I pick up johns on elitetrader.....

#50     Apr 13, 2007