Web Site Design Costs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Apr 9, 2007.

1. what the hell....I'll do your site design....I'll do anyone's site design....for a lot less than 25K...jesus

#21     Apr 10, 2007
  2. Yes, I'll make you one for 250.00. You don't pay me until I finish. No money up front. First you need to buy hosting somewhere. I recommend yahoo hosting because they are reliable and and they will be around 100 years from now. It only cost 7.00 a month and they give you a free domain name since it is google, they will put you at the top of their search engines. They also have excellent customer service for their paying customers. Here is their website http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting/compare.php

Instant message me if you want me to make this for you for 250.00. It will be ready in 2 days. Price includes up to 20 pages with pictures if wanted and anything else you want on them.

#22     Apr 11, 2007
  3. Since when is Google and Yahoo the same? Post some links to sites you've done.

#23     Apr 11, 2007
  4. Yahoo and google are not the same. I'm surprised you didn't know that. They are two different company's. If you have any more questions about Internet companies, please ask me and I will recommend a good stock broker for you to ask your questions to.

#24     Apr 11, 2007
  5. What happens if your web hosting goes out of business? What happens to your website?

#25     Apr 11, 2007
  6. This is why I recommended you to sign up with Yahoo web hosting. Yahoo is not going out of business. They will be here 100 years from now. Therefore your site is safe with them. If you sign up with another company and they could go out of business then you will lose your website. You have to make it all over again. Yahoo only cost 7.00 a month for the basic package.

#26     Apr 11, 2007
  7. Where did you get this from?

#27     Apr 11, 2007
  8. Unfortunately, this is gross misinformation and appears to be the latest in a long list of such.

#28     Apr 11, 2007
  9. Well, I PMed daytrademargin and got no response, and after actually reading his posts, I'm beginning to see why.... just to clarify a few things here:

1) If you have a site with a hosting company, and the company goes out of business, at the very least, you have all the files for your site somewhere on a hard drive....so if something happens and the company up and leaves in the middle of the night, then you haven't lost your site.

2) Really? $250.00 for 20+ pages in 2 days? There's no way, and if you're willing to do it for that then either you suck royally at it, or there's a scam somewhere. And how in the name of all that is holy can you possibly make a promise like that when you have no idea what the hell they want?

3) I'm not clear on what your beliefs are as far as yahoo and google are because in one post you claim they are the same, and in the other, you can't believe someone would suggest that...but regardless, hosting with a company doesn't put your site anywhere better in search engines.

4) I take it that if this person (daytradingmargin) is able to do anything in 2 days then obviously he's an expert in html, css, javascript, php, coldfusion, perl....etc....etc... And since we know that's not the case I can promise you that unless you want a webpage which looks like it was made by a 10 year old clueless kid, I wouldn't trust him to do anything with your site especially seeing as how he clearly doesn't understand the very basics of how sites even work.

#29     Apr 11, 2007
  10. You where the dim wit who said they were the same. And I quote

"I recommend yahoo hosting because they are reliable and and they will be around 100 years from now. It only cost 7.00 a month and they give you a free domain name since it is google, they will put you at the top of their search engines."

Sorry but I wouldn't take a recommendation for a pair of socks from someone willing to make $5 an hour to make a website. Why not post some links to your $250 works of art? Embarrassed?

#30     Apr 11, 2007