web forum software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by dpanic, Oct 31, 2003.

1. dpanic

dpanic

Can one of you web designer type guy/gals give me some advice here? Say I wanted to create a private web based forum, similar to whatever drives ET but on a small scale. Something that I could post notes, attach files etc. Main goal would be to organize and manage a series of threads, say an online journal and perhaps allow a small closed group of trader colleagues to do the same. How would I go about this? I've done some google searches but it's returning very broad results. I don't want to have to design something, am looking for a turnkey product that I could install. Any ideas?

Thanks..

2. dloomis514

dloomis514 Guest

3. ramora

ramora

4. dpanic

dpanic

Thanks Ramora. As I said I had done a google search and returned about 10 pages of stuff, hard to pick from that. I was looking for something easy to put up and use with minimal requirements from the hosting perspective. Maybe even something I could put up on my own server without having to get too elaborate with supporting server software, mysql, php, perl etc..

5. Try www.infopop.com. They'll host the whole thing for you with their own software and everything - for about $21.00 per month. It's perfect for the smaller discussion forums.

-eLindy

6. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

The software in use by elite trader is pretty good and has a free version and for a reasonable license fee a supported version. Its all you need and more ......