Web crawler for stocks

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by weitau, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Maybe you mean Stock Spy http://cnet.co/xp7T8J? (I haven't used it)

#11     Jan 13, 2012
  2. Bob111

Bob111

just run it on some old,separate PC. preferably on separate\cascaded network.

i disagree that everything is in the price already,when you\general public "allowed" to see the news. first\initial move-maybe. but stock may continue to go in same direction,as long as there is enough buyers to prop the price up. so-the more people know about news-the better.

#12     Jan 13, 2012
  3. weitau

weitau

Thanks Rodney! I am going to try Stock-Spy out.

Bob - I use VMware Workstation, so I can safely surf or install suspicious software on a "virtual PC". If I get a virus or the software is spyware, then I simply click a button to revert to a previous snapshot. In the past, I would have to reinstall Windows and that was a pain in the neck.

Anyhow, I use both technical and fundamental analysis. I have a friend that often emails me, screaming about some stock that he bought already. Most of the time, it's some one-off new story. But if it's not in the news already, it might be something worth watching :)

#13     Jan 13, 2012
  4. Bob111

Bob111

ZAGG is good example. intial move was made before we all know the news. but after 11:11am(news is out) price is still going up.

#14     Jan 13, 2012