Web browsing device for trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drasfs, Aug 31, 2007.

1. drasfs

drasfs

Im looking for something very small like a cell phone to browse the web and execute trades. So i guess it needs to be able to play java applications, since most platforms are java based( im going to use oanda as a broker and their java based platform)

Will iphone meet the criteria or should i go for something else?

2. What about an oQo? http://www.oqo.com/intl/

I doubt the iphone has a full java VM in it, neither do windows mobile based devices.

3. drasfs

drasfs

OQO Model 02 is very interesting. But i cant seem to find any place where i can buy it.

One thing that worries me though is that the fan is said to be noisy. I would like to have this with me and turned on while im having lections and meetings etc.

4. jsmooth

jsmooth

goto CBOT.com->Market Data Tab->Wireless Quotes or CBOT Advantage. Its some wireless software offered by eSignals - sent to phones/pocketPC's. You use it with a blackberry or any one of those PDA/PocketPC type phone. Its not cheap though, depending on your data feeds i think its about $75+/month, plus all the phone web browsing/data monthly fees - your monthly bills will probably be around $150+.