Wear a mask if you care about your fellow human being ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by kandlekid, Jul 28, 2020.

1. kandlekid

kandlekid

Touche. It seems that just anything is not so effective. :)

#21     Aug 8, 2020
  2. kandlekid

kandlekid

I want to bump this up, since things are getting so bad now.

#22     Oct 26, 2020
  3. If I wore a mask it would not help my fellow human being because I do not have Covid-19.

And if someone else has Covid-19 they should stay in their house until they recover.

#23     Oct 26, 2020
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  4. kandlekid

kandlekid

First, how do you know that you don't have Covid-19? Many people are asymptomatic. The pandemic at present is mainly driven by young asymptomatic carriers.

Second, other people often cannot know if you are infected. Wearing a mask is a failsafe mechanism.

Third, well, the pandemic is pretty much out of control in this country. Some common sense measures could have prevented this. Frankly, I really can't travel anywhere in the world now on my US passport, because of it.

Fourth, Trump could have won this election if he'd done some things differently. Looks like we're going to be stuck with Biden.

#24     Oct 27, 2020
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

or drive around in an suv waiving to people.

#25     Oct 27, 2020
  6. So you say Covid is out of control in the USA? Is there more people dying now vs earlier in the year because of it? Where are the statistics on this?

#26     Oct 27, 2020
  7. So people were jumping up right next to the SUV within 6 feet?

#27     Oct 27, 2020
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Because bacteria can get into an open wound and take root before the body's immune system is able to counter it?

#28     Oct 28, 2020
  9. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You don't look for those statistics just yet like that...looking for deaths per capitol.
    • Instead, you look for rising hospitalization and rising near capacity or rising over capacity of those hospitalization...
    Those are the stats you need to be looking at right now because the deaths (increase in the deaths) will soon follow...usually within 1 - 3 weeks.

Yet, when you start to hear that hospitals are at over capacity...other facilities will start to be used such as outdoor medical tents, stadiums or even ICU patients being put in hallways because there's an overflow in the ICU's.

Worst case, new patients that need to be admitted and the hospital is already at over capacity...those patients may even be ambulance (cost to the family) to another hospital or even flown (medevac) to another nearby city or state.
    That's when the deaths will soon begin to rise in a dramatic fashion along with an increase risk of infection (outbreaks) in the hospital itself among those already hospitalize from other illnesses or surgeries not related to Covid-19.
    • Thus, when someone states Covid-19 is out of control at the moment...they are talking about the hospitalization because the deaths typically will follow...1 - 3 weeks from now.
    Another worry about increasing hospitalization of Covid-19...there currently are increasing cancellation of selective surgeries and other patients for other illness will soon be turned away.v

Worst thing about over capacity in hospitals...doctors / nurses will be put in the position to determine which patients will live and which patients will die because they do not have life support equipment.

This is the major fear of health officials about a 2nd wave of Covid-19 if it occurs during the seasonal flu season. Reason why health officials highly recommend people get their Flu vaccination to prevent the Flu...prevent pushing hospitals to over capacity.

P.S. Many hospitals are stocking up on body bags and contracting outside refrigeration...just in case the deaths do follow soon.

P.S.S. A few weeks ago the deaths per capital had dropped from 25% (maybe 20%) down to 7%. Hospitals need to keep that low because increase in the number of hospitalization...as stated...there will be soon an increase in % of deaths.

P.S.S. Testing and contact tracing is critically important because most many people are either asymptomatic or have very little symptoms that's easily overlook early in infection.

This is were the importance of face mask wearing, social distancing and hand washing (all three together) comes into play.

wrbtrader

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    #29     Oct 28, 2020
    kandlekid likes this.
  10. kandlekid

kandlekid

I want to bump this up again.

#30     Nov 21, 2020