Wealthy Millennials Moving To California?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ironchef, Jun 10, 2019.

1. ironchef

ironchef

2. Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  3. Sig

Sig

For anyone except those leaving NYC the real estate cost hit is going to hurt a heck of a lot more than the tax hit! It only takes a 4 or 5% pay raise to overcome the difference in tax rate between CA and most other first world states, and for those folks you're looking at opportunities far better than that. Paying the mortgage on a $2M condo that would be a $500K condo most other places requires a much bigger pay raise.

4. %%
    And CA is getting a well deserved rep for over regulation/stupidty/over priced RE.
    12-32 % state in come tax
    capital gains taxed as income
    7.25 sales tax + local LOL
    then a big hassle when you leave; like when XOM left NY,NY......

5. Banjo

Banjo

6. %%
    I wondered if many of them would die from the drought; many do coming to TX+ CA. But they finally got some rain. I do like salsa+ Taco Bell ; i admire Taco Bell stopping the huge hit commercial '' make a run run for the border'' LOL:cool::cool:,:caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution::caution:

7. Sig

Sig

I'm confused, do the homeless low income folks not get Medicaid but illegal migrants do? I mean the headline claims that migrants are "come first" and "Californians don't matter", what exactly do they get "first" and Californians don't get? Given that illegal immigrants pay about $3B in combined state and local taxes in CA, medicaid for them isn't the cause of CA tax rates now is it?

And honestly, has a single person bemoaning this seriously ever advocated for a single tax dollar to go to homelessness programs? Spare us your crocodile tears, please!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    #10     Jun 10, 2019