Wealthy are leaving New York

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Apr 10, 2009.

1. bit

bit

[​IMG]

#51     May 20, 2009
  2. didn't mean to disappear, but i don't spend all day glued to internet forums.

i never said that the top 5% made 60%, I said if they did shouldn't they pay 60%. that was a hypothetical . I didn't see your
    answer

the 33% figure comes from AIG, is what the irs deems as income after ajustments.(not to mention money not reported) So your at the mercy of the gov. to dictate what can be income. which is subject to baises

As far as taxes as a whole. I would rather see a fee or user tax. instead of the income tax. the IT is flawed and blinds us from the true cost of everything.What if everything the government paid for had to have a specific tax only for that purpose. Need roads gas tax Need educationeducation tax. Need a war war tax, Need SS
    SS tax, and so on. That way everybody can make informative choices if it's worth it or not. Also the taxes should be localized as much as possible.

The point i was try to make was on this forum, everybody blames the poor for everything. I recent thread about tax heavans for the rich got a lot fanboy type support. Someone even claimed if this was closed the u.s was finished as we know it. But when it comes to the poor not paying thier fair share all you here is peice of shit this and fuck them.Why the double standard.

sorry for the spelling, i don't put alot of effort into it

#52     May 20, 2009
  3. But when it comes to the poor not paying thier fair share all you here is peice of shit this and fuck them.
    -------------------------

There were a lot of poor people who didn't ask for help but the "fuck pride crowd" stepped in with why work when some gov't agency has to justify their existence by how much money they give away, no strings attached.

#53     May 20, 2009
  4. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

I agree that the Income Tax blinds us from the cost of everything, I don't know enough about how a needs tax would work so I can't say much about it but so far it sounds a lot better than the current system, that's for sure (but what doesn't).

Maybe on this forum everyone blames the poor for everything, but outside of this forum the rest of the country seems to blame the rich for everything. I think since trading is such a capitalistic enterprise, many guys here come to congregate and vent about how we are villainized out in the general media, I know I feel that way. Among the vast majority of the country the "greedy rich" get blamed for everything, and are being targeted by Obama's administration.

I'll leave it with this, stole this quote from the 'Motivational Quotes' thread (which is a great read for anyone who hasn't), this sums up how I feel 100%:

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot build character and courage by taking away man's initative and independence. You cannot help men by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves. ---Abraham Lincoln

#54     May 20, 2009