Wealthy are leaving New York

Discussion in 'Economics' started by wilburbear, Apr 10, 2009.

1. pspr

pspr

I'm not sure where to find that data. The IRS doesn't collect it.

#41     May 19, 2009
  2. adjusted gross income is not the same thing as gross income. you're letting the irs define income.

#42     May 19, 2009
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

you my friend are a bully... what went so sour in your life that you put people down on every single post. Figure it out before its too late...peace

#43     May 19, 2009
  4. pspr

pspr

AGI is a more reliable measure of income and the IRS is the only reliable source. Go to the source and figure it out yourself.

#44     May 19, 2009
  5. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

OK, personal attacks aside (besides pointing out that with your 15 spelling and grammar errors in one post I have a hard time believing you are not a biased recipient of democratic handouts) we'll just look at the numbers:

If you say that 60% of the income should pay 60% of the taxes, then you are a proponent of everyone paying an equal tax rate (ie the "flat tax"), and you and I can end up being very good friends (as long as you start using a spellchecker). I would love nothing more than all of us to just pay the same tax rate, and stop pounding the people at the top of the income heap with a significantly higher tax rate.

The reality is the top 5% do not earn 60% of the income and pay 50% of the taxes, as much as we would like to. As mentioned above by pspr "According to the IRS the top 5% of income earners earn 36.6% of total adjusted gross income yet PAY 60% of total income taxes." Now, please tell me how this is fair?

#45     May 19, 2009
  6. singapore.

#46     May 19, 2009
  7. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

Antitrust,

You were very engaged in the conversation until I asked this question, and then you disappeared. I have always wondered how the people like you justify the inequities in the tax system, I really would like some insight as to how you answer this:

The reality is the top 5% do not earn 60% of the income and pay 50% of the taxes, as much as we would like to. As mentioned above by pspr "According to the IRS the top 5% of income earners earn 36.6% of total adjusted gross income yet PAY 60% of total income taxes." Now, please tell me how this is fair?

Seriously, how is this fair?

#47     May 20, 2009
  8. NazSpaz

NazSpaz

The whole 20-lashings for spitting gum on the sidewalk, while in a way I like it, also kind of scares me. Are there any good non-asian places?

#48     May 20, 2009
  9. It's not fair.... never has been. It's just EASY... for Congress to implement, to "sell" to the public... especially the ones who don't have to pay.

#49     May 20, 2009
  10. Geez... What's the punishment for knockin' one of 'em up?

#50     May 20, 2009