WealthLab3 Or TradeStation7?... Help!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ktmexc20, Nov 9, 2003.

1. I wondered how long it would take Volker to get here....lol

#11     Nov 10, 2003
  2. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

convtrader

There are 4 ways to import IB RT data into Amibroker. The first should be by a plugin from tje publisher. Thats still in the works. The second way is using the very same plugin supplied by the user community, the third is via DDE, the last possibility is the most elegant:

Amibroker supports a program, that can use most datafeeds (free, delayed, subscription): Quotetracker!

The datafeed support for Quotetracker will allow you to use virtually any datafeed (including IB). That also helps to avoid the pitfalls of IBs symbol-restrictions. Just let QT collect the futures related data (futs and options on futs) from IB, the very rest from somebody like lowtrades, datek,scotttrade ....

Regarding the portfolio backtesting, amibroker has some new developments there, I don`´t use and can´t compare. But maybe it will give WL a run.

Regards

Hittfeld

#12     Nov 10, 2003
  3. Bob111

Bob111

Nana! if you know basics of programming, there is not much difference between those two languages, but in WL-there is so many things that TS doesn't have that there is no way you can even put those two program together in one line.
    if it confusing for you-it doesn't mean it will not work for rest of the world. you absolutely right about experience level. that why WL have 30 day demo, so people can test and dicide-if they can handle it.

peace

#13     Nov 10, 2003
  4. Bob111

Bob111

what did you bought? WLD?
    i believe they have option that you can setup download EOD from yahoo for free.
    TS? it is all over web for free))))))

#14     Nov 10, 2003
  5. Not longer then a minute and then I only sleep a few hours so I am back to help you guys to make the right decisions. :)

#15     Nov 10, 2003
  6. Bob, this is true. With WL the EOD data is for free, including history over the web. The cool thing is you can get the stock price from around the world, Thailand, Germany, USA ....

#16     Nov 10, 2003
  7. Bob111

Bob111

Volker-since you not sleeping anyway,you better show us, how to create profitable strategy in couple clicks))))))))strategy, that will work on markets around this world))). then -we all will drink coffee,prosper and do nothing)))

#17     Nov 10, 2003
  8. Sorry for taking so long to answer. I thought I should have a shower... :). Since you own WL already you should check this site: http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/WealthLab.DLL/getpage?page=Top25.htm. No seriously, the systems presented here all follow similar logic and can be traded successfully. I would always recommend to alter them according to your risk profile and comfort level. Some systems seem to work on (all) stock market. Please take note that there is a difference between stocks and commodities. Most systems on the WL site are made for the stock market, but since we are close to add futures data to our site we will surely see good futures systems shortly.

#18     Nov 10, 2003
  9. FYI: Starting from version 4.42 beta AmiBroker features full portfolio-level backtesting of regular (buy/sell/short/cover signal based) and rotational (score-based) trading systems.

#19     Nov 16, 2003
  10. I am always glad to see how the competition is trying to keep up with Wealth-Lab. There are a several new tools that WLD3 now has that I am sure we will see in other products in a few months. :)

#20     Nov 16, 2003