Wealthlab questions

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by bidask, May 27, 2007.

1. bidask

bidask

I am thinking of purchasing Wealthlab (outside North America) and I have a few questions.

1) How do I connect Wealthlab to eSignal and IB?

2) Can Wealthlab code this easily?

If current number of contracts = 2, then buy 3 contracts on next trade. It's actually pretty difficult to do this in Tradestation.

2. ESignal remains one of the default choices for a datafeed already coded into Wealth-Lab Developer. You can obtain a real-time adapter for IB through this web site.

A number of ways exist allowing someone to code the above logic.

- Spydertrader

3. bidask

bidask

does wealth lab have year by year performance analysis? i'm playing with the 30 day trial version.

4. Run the simulator, it's one of the tabs, you can choose to see stats on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.

SSB

5. bidask

bidask

i only have daily, weekly, and monthly and i don't seem to be getting any performance stats. can you tell me what's wrong?

Folder: Advanced Concepts
    Chartscript: Thermostat

Clicked begin

Under the performance tab, I have a bunch of 0 values and no trades.

6. bidask

bidask

can someone please modify the wealthlab code below so that it does

buy 1 contract at highest(high,30) on stop;
    sell 1 contract at lowest(low,30) on stop;

Code:
    var Bar: integer;

for Bar := 20 to BarCount - 1 do
    begin
      if not LastPositionActive then
    { Entry Rules }
      begin

end
      else
    { Exit Rules }
      begin

end;
    end;
    thanks.

7. rickty

rickty

I assume you're after a reversal system, then the following will do the trick:

Code:

var Bar: integer;
    var bp, sp: float;

for Bar := 20 to BarCount - 1 do
    begin
      if MarketPosition <= 0 then
      begin
          bp := Highest(Bar, #High, 30);
          CoverAtStop(Bar+1, bp, LastPosition, 'SX');
          BuyAtStop(Bar+1, bp, 'LE');
      end
      else
      begin
          sp := Lowest(Bar, #Low, 30);
          SellAtStop(Bar+1, sp, LastPosition, 'LX');
          ShortAtStop(Bar+1, sp, 'SE');
      end
    end;

I think if you need help with WL programming, you'd get better response at the WL forum. There are a couple of guys there who almost provide complete code before you finish posting for coding help.

By the way, have you looked at other alternatives to WLD such as OpenQuant and RightEdgeSystems?

8. bidask

bidask

i haven't looked at those. do you recommend them? how much do they cost?

wealthlab is really slow compared to tradestation on my comp. is it slow on yours?

9. bidask

bidask

after a couple of days of testing, i determined that wealthlab is not usable because it's so slow. it takes a few minutes to run even the simplest scripts. if anyone knows why it's so slow, please post.

10. There are some things you can do to speed up scripts but it's been a while since I've used WLD. I am wondering why you don't post you questions on the WealthLab site, that's where the party is. Here we are all old geezers who have long since converted our algo's to assembly language. :)

#10     May 29, 2007