Wealth Lab Pro

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Ebo, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Does anybody use Wealth Lab Pro?

I downloaded this and it looks like a fancy kids toy!
    I have several IRA's @ Fidelity, so I figured I would try it out.
    I am going to try and get my hands on the user manual at The Fidelity office before I delete it. Any other feedback?

2. Good for learning and that's about it.

Drag -n- drop snippets, very easy to implement.

Canned indicators that everyone else uses can be modified for your own strategy.

3. Neodude

Neodude

Used it before Fidelity bought it. Nice little tool and easy to use and customize if you know how to program a little. There are alot of scripts you can learn from and if you want some ideas you can checkout "Trade like a Hedge Fund" by Jame Alchtur, I think thats how you spell it... The book uses Wealthlab for testing his strategies.

-Neo

4. Is the copy that comes with Fidelity one that you can keep? ie if you close the account, does the software become disabled?

Also - can you import external data from sources other than Fidelity?

5. It's a great tool. Much better than TradeStation (EZ Language is limited). It might look like a kid's toy, but it's pretty powerful. And pascal is pretty easy to learn. You can do quite a bit with it.

6. All have already been reproduced. His ideas all suck. Didn't even work in 80s or 90s data. And backtested on a bunch of stuff. I think Alchtur pulled ideas out of his ass to just sell a book. Maybe he should had renamed his book to "Trade like a really shitty Hedge Fund." :D

7. Neodude

Neodude

Hehe, Thanks. Glad I didn't buy the book, I was skimming through it a couple of months ago at Barnes and Noble and it looked interesting. I believe he also gave a speech or gave away his book at the NYC traders conference this year.