Wealth Lab May Be the Best BUT

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Corso482, May 24, 2004.

1. unless you're an experienced programmer, YOU'LL THROW YOURSELF OFF A FRIGGIN BUILDING out of sheer frustration trying to use it!!!!

I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure this thing out. Sure, using the wizard and tinkering around, I can make some simple scripts, but when anything more complicated, misplaced semicolons and improperly placed parenthesis become the bane of my existence.

The debugger vaguely directs you to the line where the problem is, but that's it. It doesn't tell you specifics...good luck figuring it out.

I'm going to shoot myself now.

2. :D

peace

axeman

3. This is why I choose Tradestation.

How does Esignal's language and power compare to Tradestation and Wealthlab? Is it comparable enough to make it worth my trouble to take a trial subscription?

4. There is a relationship between complexity and power.
    I would wager that WL is better in the long run if you can
    get through the pain of becoming a better programmer so
    you can effectively use it.

After that....there is MORE pain to get over in the form
    of all kinds of glitches, etc...

Thats why I use my own framework. Faster and I dont have
    to pull my hair out all the time trying to guess what WL
    is trying to do.

peace

axeman

5. Tradestation is $200 a month for non-brokerage customers, right? A little expensive, no? If that's correct, Wealth Lab seems the better value at a $650 one-time fee.

6. You're right about the debugger in Wealth-lab, it doesn't help much.

It would be be a lot easier if it could offer a correct syntax example, when a logic error is detected.

Runningbear

7. If you're going to spend the time to learn something difficult, I would highly recommend NeoTicker. You can write your systems using a standard programming language of your choice (VB, Delphi, Java or C), so there's no proprietary issues. IMHO, it's by far the most powerful software currently available, but with all that power does come complexity.

Regards,

Slave2Market

8. Don't shoot yourself please , Baron needs you. or at least
    let him shoot you.

9. It's $650, but you have to buy the data, which comes to about $100 through Esignal for me. Also, I have a special deal for $125 + fees through Tradestation.

So the difference is about $50 per month between Tradestation and Esignal/Wealthlab.

The difference in costs is irrelevant if you can't figure out how to use Wealthlab. It's like spending an extra $1000 on a vette for an automatic transmission; you may pay more and give up some performance, but the ease of use will likely make it worth it, assuming you're using it as your primary vehicle (software).

Wealthlab is like a high performance 5-speed out of a Ferrari GT4. Tradestation is like a Turbo 400 with a shift kit. I'd prefer the ease of the TH400 over the hard shifting 5-speed.

10. Does neoTicker allow you to have 1min, 3min, 5min candle
    stick charts overlayed, overlapped in one window or ploted above each other in one chart?

#10     May 24, 2004