Wealth gap widens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

So unemployment is not a problem??

#21     Jun 21, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

It looked like the daily Ricter riddle to me too.

#22     Jun 21, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

You are essentially proving my argument, the "poor" people today, only feel poorer based on a primitive response that democrats feed them, which is this complaint about the wealth gap.....

A "poor person" in the 30's had to work 12 hours a day 7 days a week just to eat,then they had to go to sleep on the street...or in a barn.....Hell the majority of farmers who were somewhat wealthy would have traded their life in a second for that of a poor person in the 70's.......

By any rational measure a poor person today is far better off than a poor person in the in the past, and you dont even have to go back that far, a poor person in 2012 is better off than a poor person in 1990.

#23     Jun 21, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Thats just what i was getting at, and its something liberals dont get, if you can live a comfortable living on welfare, and you dont need to make any sacrifices, what desire do the vast majority have for trying to do better?

The other thing is that it used to be a mark of shame having to live of the government, now liberals not only encourage it, but they make these people out to be heros, who are somehow getting something a raw deal.....

I cant think of a better way to sum up how fucked up the mentality of people today has become than this..... The other day i was talking to this guy in Canada who did outdoor carpentry all summer, and He told me, "I will never vote for a conservative again, Stephen Harper is talking about making it tougher for people to get Unemployment insurance........

He seemed like a fit guy who would be unaffected by this So I humored him, and asked him, well why is this so bad for you?

He responds telling me that he has basically spent the last 7 years working all summer then collecting unemployment insurance for 5-6 months of the year.

So I asked him, do you think that it is right that you should be able to claim unemployment insurance all winter every single winter?

And his response is, well I pay into it in the summer, so I should get it in the winter.....

I asked him "what do you pay into it on an average cheque?" He says about 200 dollars a month, so he pays into it for 6 months or puts 1200 dollars in, and then expects to be paid out 15 grand every winter.....

I asked him.... How do you think the system is supposed to remain solvent if everyone was to put in 1200 in the summer and take out 15k in the winter.....

#24     Jun 21, 2012
  5. #25     Jun 21, 2012
  6. Yeah but I'm not looking for the gubbermint to steal it from somebody else to give to me.

There IS a slight difference but I guess that nuance is lost on you.

#26     Jun 21, 2012
  7. maxpi

maxpi

From Genesis 9: "God prosper Japheth, living spaciously in the tents of Shem" [prosper economically and have the religious benefits from Shem. The Jewish religion is Shemitic and Christianity is derived from that]

Japeth is the father of IndoEuropeans, Shem is the father of the ME and Ham is the father of Africa/Asia. Japeth's descendants have corporations, roads, retirement accounts, etc... Hamites pretty muchly have dirt floors...

#27     Jun 22, 2012