Wealth gap widens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hughb, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah but THE MASSIVE DIFFERENCE is that im not out there complaining that someone else richness is somehow screwing me, im not out there trying to steal what they have earned, im trying to figure out how I can work harder to attain the same level of success.....

If you are living off of someone else, you have no right to bitch about how that person is becoming rich, quicker than you are, especially when you are getting richer at the same time.....

#11     Jun 21, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

This is pretty much the story of History, isn't it? So you're upset with most of human history. Those with less, but often enough, massing up to take more from those with more. If it's any consolation the apes do the same thing.

Not to mention the simple truism about idle hands...

#12     Jun 21, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

This is a tacit admission that the left is appealing to primitive, and often irrational instincts such as "jealousy" in order to push their agenda.....

#13     Jun 21, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Not appealing to the primitive, rather acknowledging it. It's good to know where you've been, and where you are. Man can do better, but I think history is a good guide to the failure of the "be satisfied with what you have" method.

#14     Jun 21, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Can you please answer one question? cause i want to understand where the line in the sand is in terms of income disparity.....

Would you rather have Americans living how they are today, where the rich are exponentitally richer, the poor are exponentially richer, and the middle class are also richer, but the income gap is also exponentially higher, OR

Would you rather have Americans living in the 1950's when every single class was poorer in terms of standard of living, however there was a smaller income disparity between the top of bottom....

If you had to choose one what would be your choice?

A) Everyone better off, but bigger income disparity between rich and poor.

B) Everyone worse off but much less income disparity, between rich and poor.

#15     Jun 21, 2012
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

Being poor is supposed to suck. The fact that being poor sucks (or should) is or at least used to be the very motivation for the poor to pull themselves up by their boot straps and pursue an improvement in their economic condition.

We, as in the bleeding heart liberals, have made being "poor" very comfortable for most. There is no longer any stigma associated with being on welfare and little if any incentive to get off of welfare.

#16     Jun 21, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

In your scenario, if we "went back" to the '50s, would we remember having been in the 2000's (so that we feel poorer), or would that memory be erased? (Matrix question. : ))

#17     Jun 21, 2012
  8. Is this the daily Ricter riddle?

Cmon dude, Max has it right, everyone is living better now and jjust because its human nature to be jealous of someone that has more does NOT make it ok for our fucking leadership to prey on those emotions.. and it certainly doesn't make it ok to take from others what is rightfully theirs.

#18     Jun 21, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

Might be a riddle to you. I'd wager Max understands the question.

#19     Jun 21, 2012
  10. ktm

ktm

That's the occupy agenda.

Stop worrying about what we don't have and throw a tantrum about what the other guys have. You know, the guys who shower and get up and go look for jobs...and get jobs.

It's a lot easier to sleep in the park and b1tch about it. Until it rains or gets hot/cold or the cops get tired of you. Hickory shampoo is just as good as a real one I guess.

#20     Jun 21, 2012