We would be better nation if we started teaching out kids again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, May 3, 2011.

1. On Saturday mornings, we watched clips like this. I still know the Preamble because of this.......

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_TXJRZ4CFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. And, according to the date this was realeased, I knew the preamble in the single digits of my age. Now, I run into people on the street who are in their twenties, who don't know the pledge of allegiance. This is another basic problem we face. You can't lay all of that at the feet of liberals!:eek: :mad: :(

3. cstfx

cstfx

That's "OUR kids".

4. HeY tHeRe iZ nUtHiNg RoNg WiT r EdUkaTiOn 2dAy. I LeArNeD FiNe iN SkOoL.

5. Hello

Hello

w3rd!

6. Remember this one?

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mkO87mkgcNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. IMO knowing the preamble is kind of useless. Kids should be taught how to fend for themselves. Then maybe, oh maybe, we can reduce the number of people dependent on welfare and foodstamps and other such government giveaways.

8. Knowing the rules that your country lives by is a start. Without national cohesion, yet with the ability to fend for oneself eventually we turn into Europe. I thought not turning into Europe was one reason why a few folks left there.

9. Ricter

Ricter

In your opinion, if all kids were taught to fend for themselves, would we one day never have something called unemployment?

10. No, that was the war.

My take-Europe never figured out how to deal with the aftermath of world II, just the same as America never really got over that whole civil war arrangement.

Same deal, fragmented countries and states, trying to figure out what the hell to do, to ensure continued economic, political progress.

Do you disagree?

#10     May 4, 2011