We Will Not Go Quietly Into The Night!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jun 26, 2009.

1. pspr

pspr

Not equal for all. Sacrifice the weak and the old. This is the American way?

"President Obama struggled to explain today whether his health care reform proposals would force normal Americans to make sacrifices that wealthier, more powerful people -- like the president himself -- wouldn't face."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/HealthCare/story?id=7919991&page=1

#11     Jun 26, 2009
  2. spinn

spinn

I was recently in the hospital for a very high fever that came out of nowhere.

There were a few people in their 80s or so and they were not really alive.....the DRs just hover around them and give them painkillers and whatever at a cost of as much as $35,000 a day for the worst cases. It disgusted me.....it is profiteering by DRs, at best.

Prreventative care should be started in ones early 30s.

All financial incentives are for DRs to keep people sick, not cure anyone of anything.

#12     Jun 26, 2009
  3. average people already make those sacrifices.

#13     Jun 26, 2009
  4. pspr

pspr

I didn't know one could be so ignorant at such an age. The government doesn't pay for Medicare. They are tens of trillions of dollars in the red.
    Go read Pabst's post above.

#14     Jun 26, 2009
  5. i will let the ignorance of what you just said stand on its own as evidence of how bright you are.

#15     Jun 26, 2009
  6. this subject is fresh in my mind. my mother in law recently passed away after 10 years bedridden in a nursing home suffering terrible pain. quality of life has to be considered.

#16     Jun 26, 2009
  7. How do you spend what's not there? Moral outrage is easy - coming up with the money is the tough part.

#17     Jun 26, 2009
  8. Mvic

Mvic

I respectfully completely disagree with you ByLo that this is the choice that we have to make. When at least 40% of the money spent on healthcare in this country goes to people who have nothing to do with the act of providing care and in many cases hinder that process I think that there is room for improvement in the system before we have to rob the elderly of the advances in care of the last several decades.

How about we at least cut the lawyers and the insurance companies out of the healthcare pie before we start rationing services to seniors (who by the way right now are the people in the greatest generation who, from my perspective at least, deserve everything that they can get in terms of modern healthcare). There are few things that I would be happy to have my taxes raised for but this would be one of them if it came to that but at least lets get the bloodsucking leaches and their inherent costs out of the health care system first.

#18     Jun 26, 2009
  9. Humpy

Humpy

Surely it would be un-American to expect bankers to survive on only a 7 figure wage, paid for by the tax payers, for a lousy job ?

The elderly, sick and Joe Sixpack can take a flying jump for all some people care.

Perhaps legalise drugs for the sick over 70s - that should finish them off on a big high woooooooooo hooooooooo

#19     Jun 26, 2009
  10. wjk

wjk

Should this prevention be mandated by the gov? You know, what you eat, how much you eat, how much you exercise, do you smoke, drink, etc? As far as I'm concerned, a 60 year old who spends 20 hours a week in the gym should have priority over a fat 30 something who sits in front of his PC 12 hours a day snacking. And war veterans should never, ever be told to take a pain pill and go off and die.

Maybe some in this forum can go tell those old ww2, Korean, Vietnam, and Iraqi vets they need to make one more sacrifice for their country if they happen to fall ill in their later years.

#20     Jun 26, 2009