We will be like the markets from 1969-1982

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noob_trad3r, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Where 1 dollar in the markets 69 is one dollar in 82.

So if you have an investment portfolio.

PUT/CALL writing on the SPY is the only way you will make a return.

Teach your kids/young working adult how to open up an brokerage account and write options for the next 10 years. If they want a return for retirement in the future.

2. Nym

Nym

pretty pessimistic isn't it? :)

3. Are you joking? Who didn't love the 70's? All that great fashion and architecture.... Time to rip up all those granite countertops and put in some avocado green.

4. Handle123

Handle123

Total nonsense, there are very good buys and sells in all markets regardless of whether markets in a bull, bear and/or sideways markets. So many came out of the depression very rich along with war years.

You need to read about History and all the different opportunities of various profits that can be made. Good traders can trade and make money on anything.

5. + 1

6. And only if we could pick up a seat for 10k. I 'd wear my bell bottoms again.

7. We were suppose to take them off ???

8. I am not talking about trading.

If someone is in their twenties today and have 20-30K they want to invest now and continue to fund an investment account for retirement. Right now the safest way to go is PUT/CALL writing on the SPY for the next 10 years.

9. Ash1972

Ash1972

That's the most dangerous thing to do. You are selling tail risk when volatility is low.

10. We were at S&P 1400 in 1999. We are at S&P 1400 today. So haven't we already seen this 13 year flat period?

#10     Aug 30, 2012