We used to call them bribes...but now they call it lobbying

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Crispy, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Some choice! One party, republicans, will rob us blind outright, and the other will destroy us through complete incompetence. Great!

#21     Dec 23, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

In my opinion we should let the bankers and corporate CEO's run the country and we should pay them healthy quarterly bonuses.

#22     Dec 23, 2011
  3. you do realize that the top two republican candidates both supported the individual mandate before obama agreed to go along with it in order to salvage some part of health care reform?
    the mandate, before obama liked it, was a long time republican proposal first floated in 92 when clinton tried to reform health care.

#23     Dec 23, 2011
  4. Satire?

If not, then you'd better cut the ties between government and TBTF corporations before you consider this experiment. Backstopping failure is a big part of why we are in this mess to begin with.

#24     Dec 23, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

I am dead serious, we need to start jettisoning the laborers and the rest of the dead weight. If we only had well paid bankers, and CEO's there never would have been a housing crisis because everyone could have afforded their mortgage.

#25     Dec 23, 2011
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Hmmm...Personally speaking, I don't think I'd go there, Maxie.

#26     Dec 23, 2011
  7. BSAM

BSAM

More reason to never vote for a Democrat or a Republican.

#27     Dec 23, 2011
  8. Crispy

Crispy

Have I not made myself clear party toe`r?

I do not support the republicans. I do not support the democrats.

The individual mandate is the cause of the lobbyist efforts. And the fact that Obama signed a lesser bill, with mandate provisions that the top two gop candidates supported makes it even more insidious. There is zero difference between the two major parties.

I think I have made myself clear.

Its beer time...done with ET for the weekend.

#28     Dec 23, 2011
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Hey Free...

Would you be in favor of a completely government run health care system?

#29     Dec 23, 2011
  10. no. i would however be in favor of a government payer of health care financed by a deduction from wages.
    there is no reason to have an insurance company as a middle man skimming off 30% of health care spending as private profit just to do the paperwork of paying the bills.

#30     Dec 23, 2011