We Support The Troops...Until They Get Wounded

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Until there is corporate profit to be earned off of crippled vets, the repubs will mostly ignore the issue.

Why the hell should 5 deferment Cheney care about wounded Vets?

#11     Mar 5, 2007
  2. I don't see democrats doing anything except trying to use wounded vets to score cheap political points. Let me know when Hillary denounces those Code Pink morons who demonstrate outside Walter Reed.

#12     Mar 5, 2007
  3. Once again, you fail to accept the fact and responsibility that the republiklans are the ones who have been yelling for nearly 4 years "Support the troops, support the troops" and saying to the people who oppose the war"you are endangering the troops with your stand against Bush and the Iraq war."
    The republiklans controlled all branches of government until January of this year.

Oh, and demonstrators aren't the problem, that is another of your red herrings. The problem is that Bush and company have done damn little to help the wounded vets, and have even put provisions in the budget to cut support for Vets.

These are of course, the same repugniklans who wanted to send the troops into battle without proper equipment and body armour.

#13     Mar 6, 2007
  4. No problem.

#14     Mar 6, 2007
  5. this administration has blocked millions of dollars of healthcare benefits destined to ground zero first responders and made every effort imaginable to downplay the toxicity of the air and the illnesses it casued. maybe those heros are wanted dead, but regardless, it is obvious this regime doesn't give a shit about human lives after they served its purpose.

#15     Mar 6, 2007
  6. pamjoey

pamjoey

I am vet, and I have can personally tell you from experience, that they dont care anymore about the vets, than they do anyone else. Politics as usual. Every time i have dealt with the VA, it is one big hassle to get the benefits youve earned

#16     Mar 6, 2007
  7. Tell me something.

Were you enlisted or drafted?

If enlisted, did you really believe when you enlisted all the BS about how Uncle Sam would take care of you after your service?

Why do so many vets support a phony like Bush and Cheney?

Is common sense drilled out of most vets during their training and service?

#17     Mar 6, 2007

8. my sentiments exactly...

#18     Mar 6, 2007
  9. TGregg

TGregg

#19     Mar 6, 2007
  10. pamjoey

pamjoey

I enlisted. I was 18, and like most people at that age, I did believe it. Obviously, I have learned that politicians and the government, just lie, cheat, & steal. They hardly ever give what they promise.

As far as bush or cheney goes, i dont support them or any other politician. I quit voting years ago, because unless its on a local level, I dont think my vote, will matter much.

For the common sense part, i must have some, i have been self employed since 1989. But I will admit, that the military uses all kinds of techniques, to get you to do what they want you to do.

#20     Mar 7, 2007