We Redistribute World's Wealth By Climate Policy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Nov 20, 2010.

1. UN IPCC Official Admits 'We Redistribute World's Wealth By Climate Policy'
    By Noel Sheppard | November 18, 2010 | 11:27

If you needed any more evidence that the entire theory of manmade global warming was a scheme to redistribute wealth you got it Sunday when a leading member of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change told a German news outlet, "[W]e redistribute de facto the world's wealth by climate policy."

Such was originally published by Germany's NZZ Online Sunday, and reprinted in English by the Global Warming Policy Foundation moments ago:
    For the record, Edenhofer was co-chair of the IPCC's Working Group III, and was a lead author of the IPCC's Fourth Assessment Report released in 2007 which controversially concluded, "Most of the observed increase in global average temperatures since the mid-20th century is very likely due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations."

As such, this man is a huge player in advancing this theory, and he has now made it quite clear - as folks on the realist side of this debate have been saying for years - that this is actually an international economic scheme designed to redistribute wealth.

Readers are encouraged to review the entire interview at GWPF or Google's slightly different translation.

2. Not News: IPCC Economist's Statement That 'Climate Change' Is Really About Wealth Redistribution
    By Tom Blumer | November 19, 2010 | 21:30

I owe Ottmar Edenhofer thanks for two things.

First, I am grateful that Edenhofer, a German economist who is "co-chair of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) Working Group III on Mitigation of Climate Change," has a last name on which searching is easy. I quickly determined that his name last name doesn't currently come up in searches at the Associated Press's main web site, the New York Times, the Washington Post, or the Los Angeles Times.

That's because he hasn't said or done anything newsworthy, right? Wrong. What's newsworthy is my second reason for thanking him. First covered at NewsBusters yesterday by Noel Sheppard, and described this evening in an Investors Business Daily editorial, Mr. Edenhofer has proffered the principal motivation behind the "climate change movement" -- redistribution of wealth (bolds are mine):
    So science has been abused as a vehicle for justifying worldwide wealth redistribution. Gosh, that's what many of us have been saying for years. That's what the Climategate e-mails clearly demonstrated. It's nice to see that Mr. Edenhofer from his position of influence at the IPCC agrees, and I thank him for his frankness.

Those who wish to brush up on their German can go to the original NZZ interview here. Google's English translation of the article is here. The money quote, as translated, is: "But one must say clearly that we distribute by climate policy de facto the world's wealth."

Regardless of whether they do anything with the story, it must not be easy being green at the news outlets mentioned in the second paragraph of this post, or anywhere else in the establishment press where they've been swallowing the human-caused global warning propaganda all these years. It shouldn't be easy being a green collaborator either; someone should ask GE's Jeff Inmelt what he makes of Edenhofer's remark. In the pre-New Media days, all of these folks could have gotten away with ignoring mistakes like Edenhofer's. Now they all just look like fools, as they watch their credibility continue to sink into the not-rising ocean.

3. Ricter

Ricter

And we reaccumulate the world's wealth by denial policy.

4. Well, it seems Edenhofer, a German economist who is "co-chair of the U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's (IPCC) Working Group III on Mitigation of Climate Change, is now a denier too.

5. Ricter

Ricter

I was not disagreeing with the assertion. I was hinting that the existing haves are every bit as interested (let's admit it, they are more interested) in keeping their wealth as the merely hopeful havenots are in redirecting that wealth. This makes the whole equation a "wash", ie. we don't know it's big bad "redistribution" until the means and ends of getting that wealth have been examined. If the wealth and its flow were created or are maintained by illegal, unethical or immoral means, then redistribution may be the right thing to do.

The main thing is to remain focused on the problem, or even if there is one, and hash that out, not get lost in "motives". Everyone has motives.

6. Its high time the world sent money to the USA. 28 members of Nato and you are required to spend 2% on the military,,only 4 currently are. Those that dont will remit 10 billion pr yr to the USA. Why are we allowing there nations to give there citizens 4-6 weeks of vacation pr yr and we have single moms working two jobs to afford them that luxury.
    Now were going to build these people a shield against nuclear missles at NO cost to themselves while they reduce military outlays. No MORE.
    You want to live under the AMERICAN Umbrella you pay,,you dont want to,,buy your own umbrella.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Absolutely!

8. Hello

Hello

Agreed, it is time to allow these nations to fix their own problems, doesnt the old addage go "you cant help anyone if you cant help yourself?" What frigging good are we to the rest of the world if we end up going bankrupt?

The fact that we are handing out money to other countries while we have a 1.5 trillion dollar deficit is absolutely absurd. How much respect would you have for a guy who goes to the bar and picks up the tab for all of his buddies while he is currently facing bankruptcy?

9. See? That's why the world hates us.... because we're such a selfish bunch of assholes.