We reached S&P 1119 on 12/4. Was that the high for the year?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DisciplinedHedg, Dec 10, 2009.

We reached S&P 1119 on 12/4. Was that the high for the rest of the year?

1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. No.

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. Great analysis by you and the OP !!

Classic question with insightful analysis definitely deserves to be in trading forum.

#11     Dec 10, 2009
  2. jalee25

jalee25

Wanted to add that Big Ben is getting the country high off paper being printed out of thin air known as the dollar. Think it's a quick fix... temporarily. I don't know when thing's are headed back south again... but have a feeling it could be in the not-too-distant future. I bought a pack of M&Ms w/ peanuts today and it costed $1. Maybe next year or the year after that, it might cost $2 or $3.

#12     Dec 10, 2009
  3. Thank you, I appreciate the compliment.

Care to add anything on Greece, or Mexico or other commentary in this thread? Or are you just here to get your two bits in or just here for another alias, Port?

#13     Dec 11, 2009
  4. S2007S

S2007S

More economic data due out, retail sales are in focus this morning, looking for 0.7% ex auto 0.4%.

I think an easy 0.9-1.1% could be the actual number, last months number was extremely bullish.

Would actually be surprised if this number missed forecasts.

#14     Dec 11, 2009
  5. S2007S

S2007S

1.3%

import prices up 1.7%

things are in great shape for the bulls once again....

:p

#15     Dec 11, 2009
  6. This thread began with a one liner that you would have sent to chit chat if the heat wasn't coming down on you now for moving threads. rowshan started polls and offered somewhat more insight and was constantly hassled by you for "one-liners". And yet this thread has your stamp of approval. Now thats crappy, shitty moderating at its worst.

I know, you're going to say i'm Port and pretend there's only a few trolls out to slime you. Not so. You are a crappy moderator and you don't trade stocks. Perfect qualifications to moderate the trading forum!

#16     Dec 11, 2009
  7. You are Port. You have the same IP/Host as him. But you already know that, Brad, don't you?

As for the one liner - you are correct. And had this thread revealed a lack of discussion it would have gone to chit chat. But the OP has demonstrated his ability to create some thought provoking threads in the past, so a little leeway was given to him.

Rowshan, your friend, is/was a known troll who bragged when he was right, never admitted when he was wrong, insulted everyone and caused a number of arguments - despite the many usernames he created in violation of the ToU. Few miss him.

Now I'd ask you to refrain from derailing this thread with your bile. PM me if you would like to further throw insults, or post in the ongoing feedback thread you're thrilled to be in.

Thank you.

#17     Dec 11, 2009
  8. Although I do NOT know rowshan, I know with 100% certainty that he manages over $100 million dollars, and has been doing so for many years. This is a well known fact to those who know who he is, and if you knew more about him, you would know this is fact and easily provable with a few key words on google..

If that's your definition of a "troll", than you are even less qualified to be a moderator than I originally thought.

You mistakingly thought he was a troll, and boy were you wrong. But if ET doesn't want successful money managers like rowshan posting on ET, than you're doing a fine job.

#18     Dec 11, 2009
  9. Sure you don't. Thanks for your input. Back to the thread.

#19     Dec 11, 2009
  10. jalee25

jalee25

Looks like the bulls are getting checked every time they try to reach or break the mentioned resistance. Guess Big Ben's got to pull more rabbits out of his hat to fight this trend.

#20     Dec 11, 2009