We Outsource to China, and they Outsource to Robots

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Baron, Nov 13, 2012.

1. It's also a shame that we've lost so many agricultural jobs.

In the olden days they were plentiful, now Big Agra has mostly eliminated them...

Before that, there were lots of good jobs huntin' and fishin' too...and teepee and canoe makin'

We just keep losing jobs in this country...

#11     Nov 16, 2012
  2. no kidding, now not only do you not get paid for shooting a buffaloe, but they actually hit you up with a fine.

#12     Nov 16, 2012
  3. And they do not need Lubrication breaks.

#13     Nov 16, 2012
  4. well, they need them, but the cruel boss doesn't give them

#14     Nov 16, 2012
  5. I read somewhere most public controls (like elevator door close, crosswalk signals, building thermostats) don't do anything, because the random control from so many people would be very expensive and inefficient. Engineers just put them there to give people an illusion of control, or else they complain. Then another article said people over-estimate their effectiveness when operating controls on a random process.
    This leads me to believe, in the future the robots will do all the work and organize themselves, but to keep us humans content (and spuriously employed/wage slaving), we will all be like George Jetson, sat at a big desk with a single button in the middle, to push repeatedly. To complete the picture, there will be Mr Spacely always yelling, "get to work!", meaning push the button faster.
    Wow, can't wait for the marvelous life future technology will bring. I hope some of the robots are hot.

#15     Nov 16, 2012