we now have a 100% gain under obama leadership.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

maybe you should try again and check out when the market hit the low before stating the rally started in jan 09.

#21     Feb 17, 2011
  2. Freethinker...you know what else has gone up 100% under Obama leadership? Gas prices. Gas was as low as $1.25 per gallon in some parts of the country ($1.49 where I live in CA) when Obama took office. Today gas prices at the same station are $3.45 per gallon, a 130% increase.

#22     Feb 17, 2011
  3. March 6, 2009.
    Ooh, off by a whole month and a few days.
    Now tell me how this invalidates the entire premise of this thread, or how the markets were looking all the way ahead to November 2010 on that date.
    In other news, Herbert Hoover was President for 3 and a half years after the crash of 29. He did exactly squat.
    Meantime, less than three years after the fall of 2008, the worst crash since then, we have this:

from U.S. ISM Factory Sector Index Increases to Highest Level Since 2004

Note that: fourteen consecutive months that this survey has seen an increase in manufacturing jobs. That would be well before, once again, anyone was thinking about November of last year.
    And, of course, the best level this index has seen since 1973, or, if you're counting, 38 years. Let me know if that number is too high for you to count to.
    I can do this all day every day. Republican administrations have always been pathetic at economics. The record is very clear on this.

#23     Feb 17, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

because you said it was in january and it coincided with obama taking office. neither were correct. dont get mad at me if you spout off statistics without checking them. especially if youre going to tell others to "try again" on their "facts".

the rally off the lows (in march) had to do with the fed beginning its first round of quantitative easing.

#24     Feb 18, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K8E_zMLCRNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#25     Feb 18, 2011
  6. How much would a $10,000 investment in the S.& P. stock market index have grown if made in April of 1999?

#26     Feb 18, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

but that has nothing to do with obama either. so that question isnt fair. the only real thing in regards to the market i can attribute to obama would be that he preached a lot of hope and change about how the system was broken, only to put the exact flawed system in place with all the flawed people.

and i'm pissed because i voted for change, but got the same ol'.

#27     Feb 18, 2011
  8. Let's break this thread down. 5 pages or so of we hate obama, we like obama. We hate liberals, we hate conservatives. Why bother trying to quantify extreme partisan viewpoints or simple hatred? As they say about numbers not lying, just liars using numbers. No win situations with you people. Where are the true free thinkers, the non biased, non partisan ones? Oh, never mind, not here I guess.

c

#28     Feb 18, 2011
  9. I understand but fair and logical isn't they way people like Free Tinkerbell work.

According to them, all down moves are Bush or the republicans fault and all up moves Obama's, plain and simple.

Once there is a significant down move, the blame game will pick up right were it left off and republicans will be to blame. It may even have something to do with Palin sending subliminal skeet shooting tips out to citizens.

#29     Feb 18, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

free tinkerbell. i like that. he does behave like a fairy.

#30     Feb 18, 2011