we now have a 100% gain under obama leadership.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Arnie

Arnie

I agree :D

#11     Feb 17, 2011
  2. Hello

Hello

Its funny that Tinfoil thinks of himself as some sort of uber genius, and he doesnt understand very basic economics. I remember a little while ago he was talking about how having more people with healthcare would somehow bring healthcare costs down. I think given the fact that, that is what what he thinks about healthcare costs it wouldnt surprise me if he also believed higher taxes and more regulation make the stock market go up.

#12     Feb 17, 2011
  3. The stock market is forward-looking.
    That is a fact that even Obama useful idiots like Free Thinker cannot dispute.
    When Obama took office, the DOW was at 8,000; the DOW priced in Obama.
    When the Republicans took the House in November, the DOW was at 11,000; the market priced in the Republicans.

This rally from the August lows is due to the Republicans' restraining order on Obama.
    There's no other explanation for this relentless rally. [​IMG]

#13     Feb 17, 2011
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

lol! i didnt even see that. shows how stupid he is.

#14     Feb 17, 2011
  5. speaking of stupid. someone isnt smart enough to figure out that someone else wrote that. please,stop while you are ahead. for your own good.

#15     Feb 17, 2011
  6. this isnt even that much about obama. if obama was eliminated from the data the trend is still clear. if you were any kind of a trader you should know to trade what you see not what you think. looking at the chart its clear that investing money when republicans are in power is a losing trade backtested over time.

#16     Feb 17, 2011
  7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

that's the whole point, yambag. the data would be there regardless of obama, because he has nothing to do with it.

just like the inflation ravaging through the world right now isn't obama's fault. it's ben's. or the us unemployment rate (the real rate of near 17%). or housing. or all time record people on food stamps. i could go on and on and on.

can you lay those at the feet of obama, too?

none of us here said we dont trade the wave. i know i do. i'm riding high on the long side of risk. but it's all going to end in tears. and obama has absolutely zippo to do with it outside of reappointing the same monkey who gave us the first crash.

#17     Feb 17, 2011
  8. obama is only another data point reinforcing the truism that republicans bad democrats good for the market based on history.

#18     Feb 17, 2011
  9. [​IMG]

The rally started in January of '09, and coincided with Obama taking office.
    The biggest part of the rally was the first part, well before anyone thought of the next election.
    That's number one.
    Number two, the crisis was in the fall of 2008. Are you seriously arguing that it fell because it was looking forward to Obama's election, not because of Fannie and Freddie and Lehman and Merrill? That would be a new one.
    Try again.

#19     Feb 17, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

really? are you quite sure that every republican has been bad for markets and every democrat good?

where are your sources proving this?

#20     Feb 17, 2011