We Need School Security - Not Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

What do you plan to do about the millions already in circulation?

What's the difference between an "assault" rifle and a semi auto rifle, or do you want both banned?

#71     Dec 19, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

ALL shot by those "highly trained" policemen as I recall.
    Apparently the NYC cops aren't trained well enough.

#72     Dec 19, 2012
  3. achilles28

achilles28

We can't have cops running around, hitting innocent bystanders to stop a psychopathic killer on the loose. It's too dangerous! These cops need to be disarmed so nobody gets hurt (except the scores of bystanders these psychopaths kill while they go on their rampage)!

Maybe we could talk these psycho's down, like they do in the movies? That's probably what Liberals want.

#73     Dec 19, 2012
  4. Ironically, the availability of body armor is one of the best arguments for having an AR15 or AK as a home defense weapon. Their rounds will defeat kevlar, which in turn will stop common pistol rounds.

There are many other school options that no one is even discussing. CS gas for example. No one is going on a killing spree if teachers can toss gas outside their rooms.

#74     Dec 19, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

11% of police shootings in the US result in innocent bystanders being shot - by the police.

When armed private citizens discharge their firearms in self defense only 2% result in bystanders being hit.

You're five times more likely to be "accidentally" shot by police in a shootout than by private gun owners like me.

#75     Dec 19, 2012
  6. achilles28

achilles28

Good points. I think it comes down to the world-view lefties hold, that is fundamentally delusional: that the world could be a perfect place "only if we did xyz". It's the nanny-state mentality - that Government can fix all our problems if only we give it enough power - that creates an entirely BIGGER problem, altogether...

#76     Dec 19, 2012