We Need School Security - Not Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 19, 2012.

1. No American president should ever cede ANY of our sovereignty to the UN.... PERIOD!

And should one try, he should be placed in irons and pilloried!

:mad: :mad:

#41     Dec 19, 2012
  2. It's the reality of the world we live in. The kids know that the small inconvenience of going through a metal detector is worth the effort to protect them from the occasional nut case.

#42     Dec 19, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I hear ya, bro.
    I don't know if you realize it, but there's a few in the world who don't believe in freedom of speech.

#43     Dec 19, 2012
  4. BSAM

BSAM

True dat!

#44     Dec 19, 2012
  5. #45     Dec 19, 2012
  6. I've said what I think is realistic and what's not. By the way, the polls show that a majority of Americans want to reinstate the assault weapons ban and ban high capacity clips. I don't think it's realistic to expect teachers to become trained marksmen or carry their own AR-15's at school like some people are insinuating.

#46     Dec 19, 2012
  7. umm ,explain to me how the kids going through the metal detector helps protect them from the occasional nutcase ( I suppose we're referencing newtown)?

I must have missed something.

#47     Dec 19, 2012
  8. Metal detectors might be good at preventing an inner city kid from bringing a knife to school and using it against someone in a fight. However, if someone has an AR-15 they'll tell the metal detectors to go **** themselves.

#48     Dec 19, 2012
  9. certainly metal detectors have their uses but as for the newtown murders...?

#49     Dec 19, 2012
  10. We would have needed bullet proof windows. He shot through the glass to get in.

#50     Dec 19, 2012