We Need School Security - Not Gun Control

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Dec 19, 2012.

1. achilles28

achilles28

You idiot liberals are a bunch of fucking ass clowns.

The 2nd Amendment isn't for hunting. You know what happened in the 20th Century? Hitler. Mao. Stalin. Polpot. Over 200 million dead by the hand of Government.

All in your 20th Century star trek universe where humanity has somehow "evolved" into a better species.

Another bullshit delusion you fucking twits buy into.

#31     Dec 19, 2012
  2. pspr

pspr

That's not the whole story. Here is a little more of the research even though none of it will apply to the U.S. now or in the future.

In 2006, the lack of a measurable effect from the 1996 (Australia) firearms legislation was reported in the British Journal of Criminology. Jeanine Baker (a former state president of the SSAA(SA)) and Samara McPhedran (Women in Shooting and Hunting) found no effect detectable with ARIMA statistical analysis of the data. Weatherburn described the Baker & McPhedran article as "reputable" and "well-conducted" and stated that the available data are insufficient to draw stronger conclusions. Weatherburn noted the importance of actively policing illegal firearm trafficking and argued that there was little evidence that the new laws had helped in this regard.

A study co-authored by Simon Chapman argued that reduction in firearm numbers had prevented mass shootings because in the 18 years prior to the Port Arthur massacre there were 13 mass shootings and in the decade since 1996 there have been none. The 2002 Monash University shooting of seven people, two of whom died, is ignored by Chapman because the usual definition requires four deaths. Data interpretation of trends in this study differs from other authors, while clearly being based on the same data.

Media reports gave Chapman wide publicity while failing to note his long history as an anti-gun lobbyist, which continues to this day. Since then, evidence to a Senate Inquiry showed that Chapman's research was fast-tracked for publication by the journal Injury Prevention, which bypassed the standard peer review process. The original emails between Chapman and Pless, and reviewer comments, are contained in the Senate Inquiry submission.

#32     Dec 19, 2012
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Since 1787 there has been many gun cases that have set precedent.

#33     Dec 19, 2012
  4. My kids go to a school where everyone has to go through a metal detector. It's a lot more effective than signs that say "gun free zone."

#34     Dec 19, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

I guess you'll be going to jail when you violate that document in some way. It is the required basis for the rights and limitations for our government and ALL of our laws TODAY and in the future.

If you don't like it, you have the right to try to change it if enough citizens agree with you. Until then it is the law of the land as written and lawfully amended.

#35     Dec 19, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Your post reminds us of how sad it is to be a school kid these days, brother Tom.
    Imagine if we would have had to go thru a freakin' metal detector just to learn our abc's.

#36     Dec 19, 2012
  7. 18 of last 19 schools shooting are those on SSRI and similar drugs. Pharma "candy" makes KILLERS!

Drugs are the problem and now we are putting returning vets on these highly dangerous drugs. Scary, one in 5 kids are on some form of terrible pharma killer drug. Over 2000% increase in suicide rates for anyone on these killer drugs. You will never hear obama talk about these facts, not with UN Gun Ban Treaty he is working in the background.

#37     Dec 19, 2012
  8. achilles28

achilles28

^well said, Renko.

#38     Dec 19, 2012
  9. We are on ET bullshitting about how what we think the rules should be. I'm giving my opinion, you're giving yours. I generally follow the laws for the most part, unless I'm going a little too fast in my car.

#39     Dec 19, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

My basis is in law and court rulings. Your's is in the way you would have it if you were God and there were no laws but your own and no regard for the opinions of the majority.

#40     Dec 19, 2012