We need an AI and Machine Learning forum

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by kandlekid, May 21, 2024.

1. kandlekid

kandlekid

Since AI and Machine Learning have become such a large part of trading and investing
    (not to mention the rest of the world), I think it only makes sense to start an
    AI and Machine Learning, etc, forum. What think ye?

Sprout likes this.
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

So are you referring to a forum that discusses trading services that are powered by AI? Or more along the lines of discussing actual application development?

3. Sprout

Sprout

It's a great idea.

The space is moving pretty fast since the publication of Transformers paper. LLMs could be considered as a language atm with various models but it doesn't really fit in any of the forum channels of Automated Trading, App Dev, Trading Sofware or Data Sets and Feeds.

Ai/ML/LLM as a category would organize the domain distinct from the above channels. It's a Technical Topic and/also experiencing increasing use as Tools of the Trade. As an example 'Prompt Engineering' in and of itself, while a subset of Ai/ML/LLM is an emerging domain that largely reflects how useful the quality output of any LLM can be.

Now we have LAMs and RAGs, with new terms being added to the lexicon almost daily. This is in addition to all the various distinctions around Machine Learning.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
  4. kandlekid

kandlekid

As far as trading services that are powered by AI, that may well fit into an existing forum. I was thinking more a forum dedicated to the theory and practice of AI, ML, Deep Learning, etc, and application development using them, trading being one area of application development where we are most interested.

There is so much coming out now that I don't think can be addressed in an existing application development or automated trading forum. Stuff like deep learning, LLMs, etc. This really doesn't fit in any other forum, even if you're talking about application development or automated trading. There's too much background and ancillary support needed. I don't know how you would break it down, but I imagine that since the idea is out there (genie is out of the bottle?), other commenters could chime in.

And who knows, ET may well become the "go to" site for anyone interested in applying AI, ML, Deep Learning, etc to trading.

Last edited: May 22, 2024
  5. Overnight

Overnight

I think what is happening here, is that you need to assure Magna passes the Turing test.

schizo likes this.
  6. kandlekid

kandlekid