We need a new republican party. (true republican)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KINGOFSHORTS, Nov 4, 2009.

1. dsq

dsq

My condolences to your parents.

#11     Nov 5, 2009
  2. piezoe

piezoe

That is an excellent point, and correct. In general, students who come to American colleges and universities from foreign countries are very good students to begin with, or else they would not be here. They contribute to campus life and enrich the education of U.S. citizens by their presence.

#12     Nov 5, 2009
  3. piezoe

piezoe

The US is a secular country with a secular government. Some believe that abortion is murder, and that is their protected right. This belief quite often has a basis in dogmatic religious teachings.

In a secular society, however, people who believe this should not have the right, in my opinion, to subject others to their belief if it is based on religious dogma.

We have majority rule, and most of us are prepared to live by it even when we don't agree with the majority. However I personally would like to see the Supreme Court strike down even majority passed laws if it can be shown that they have their basis in religious dogma. I believe that a majority should not be permitted to force their religious beliefs on the minority, and that in a secular society with a secular government the minority should be protected from such laws. I believe the US constitution and bill of rights was intended to offer that protection to the minority.

As it is, in the US, a majority believe that reproductive choice is a right of the individual and should not be dictated by either individual States or by the Federal Government. I hope that majority view prevails. Should it not prevail in the future, then I would hope the courts will step in.

#13     Nov 5, 2009
  4. Every single law on the books subjects people to the belief of others, even things like:

Making Human sacrifice illegal

Making sex with children illegal

etc. etc.

Murder is illegal. Whether based on religious dogma or not. A lot of the population considers abortion as a woman's choice and a lot of the population consider it as depriving the child of life (murder).

I am pro-life as much as having a science degree as any particular religious bent.

Medical science can spends millions saving a 5-month term fetus. Someone else can salt it out and dump it in the medical waste can.

Someone who shoots a mother in the stomach and causes the death of the fetus can be charged with a crime. Someone else can salt it out and dump it in the medical waste can.

#14     Nov 5, 2009
  5. Ricter

Ricter

We could use a separate abortion thread, I have not seen one lately.

#15     Nov 5, 2009
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Murder is a legal definition. Only can one be guilty of murder after a trial and after they have had their Due Process.

Unborn children deserve Due Process

#16     Nov 5, 2009
  7. Mercor

Mercor

Are you trying to be funny. You dickwad.
    Someday our paths will cross and it won't be funny, you ASS!!

#17     Nov 5, 2009
  8. Afraid to answer the question?

I'll ask it again:

Do you believe abortion is murder?

#18     Nov 5, 2009
  9. dsq

dsq

Im serious,its very sad for your parents...you retard!You're the poster child for keeping abortion legal.See you later...dummy.

#19     Nov 5, 2009
  10. TGregg

TGregg

I see the pedophile has been responding to my post. Too bad I have him on ignore. No, I support the right to choose an abortion. If someone depends on you for life, then you have the right to end that dependency.

None the less, I support many of the things the anti-abortion crowd do. Like parental permission. In many states, some underage babe can't even get a tattoo without parental approval. An abortion is even more serious. As a general rule, I think more abortions are worse than less.

But I strongly feel that the usual cases should be allowed (if not encouraged) like rape or incest.

Finally, it is clearly not in the constitution for the government to pass laws about a tiny group of cells that wouldn't fill a coke spoon (to paraphrase PJ O'Rourke). This power is reserved for the people or the states, just like that old document reads.

I think it's no surprise that somebody here is in favor of abortions. When you are banging 10 year olds, you want the doctor available in the rare case you might need him - and you sure don't want the parents to know.

At least, I think it's rare. But we have an expert here, perhaps he can advise.

#20     Nov 5, 2009