We Need A Linux Distro For Trading

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by echoman, Aug 19, 2005.

1. Try QtStalker. You can find it here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtstalker
    In addition to charts, it has a pretty good backtest engine with customizable rules. The only thing lacking is the scripting capability. It would probably be good enough for 90% of the people.

#22     Aug 20, 2005
  2. I'm not personally looking for a charting app. I wrote my own in Windows and will someday port it to Linux if I can ever find a decent data feed for Linux that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

#23     Aug 20, 2005
  3. And what's wrong with say.. IB's data.. for feeding your HG charts and trading engine?

#24     Aug 20, 2005
  4. I didn't think IB supported backfeed via the API. Or does it? If so, how many days, etc.? I haven't looked at their API lately.

#25     Aug 20, 2005
  5. My understanding is that they are now providing backfill. I collect and db the data, so I don't need the provided backfill.

#26     Aug 20, 2005
  6. Hmm... It does look like there is a weeks worth of backfill available from the IB API now. I might have to look closer at this as it might do all I need it to. Guess I better get started on my port to Linux. :)

#27     Aug 20, 2005
  7. Hi pheonix, Just start collecting and utilize as needed. :)

btw, I switched to Linux a few months ago and will never look back.

#28     Aug 20, 2005
  8. #29     Aug 20, 2005
  9. Yeah. I can do that for the things I watch all the time, but sometimes I need to pull up a chart I haven't been collecting for (or if for some reason I miss a day of data, etc.). That's when I need backfill. The option for it has to exist and work well.

#30     Aug 20, 2005